Unwanted Presentation Boards in Household Inventory

by CastleCatt

Original Post

Unwanted Presentation Boards in Household Inventory

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unfortunately, they appeared out of nowhere for Sims who had not enrolled in University.
What happens when the bug occurs? 2 Presentation boards showed up in Household Inventory. I found them when switching to a household of Sims I had played before and moved in. None of the Sims in the household nor any of the Sims who had lived in the house had enrolled to University until after they moved out. I moved them to a blank lot to delete the boards as I hear the cause a lot of bugs. One placed on the ground; the other disappeared when placed. I moved them back home without the boards but one of them reappeared in inventory when they got back into their house. Then I used a townie to hold the household money and another townie to own the boards and deleted the one with the boards. I got an MCCC error when checking on the townie that held the money. Hopefully my game didn't break.
What do you expect to see? Presentation boards shouldn't show up out of nowhere. They should also be made to be easily deleted and easily replaced/bought. Whatever they do that bugs people's games out needs explored too. Thanks!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing Discover University

MCCC is the only mod I have ever gotten for Sims 4 and I got it only a couple of weeks ago to work around a relationship status bug that I hear is very common (Relationship status not showing accurate icon or wording when you mouse over another Sim in the world or in Relationships tab). I really don't think MCCC is causing the Presentation Board bug. It sounds like a lot of people are having problems with them. Thanks for working so hard to make Sims 4 playable for your customers. I have loved playing Sims since trying Sims 2.

Message 1 of 4 (698 Views)

Re: Unwanted Presentation Boards in Household Inventory

Hero
@CastleCatt Sounds a bit like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Presentation-board-duplicating-on-moving-keep/m... but that was a board duplicating from an existing one when the family moved.

Did you move the family at all before you got the duplicate boards ?

Did you ever have one disappear from another Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (664 Views)

Hero
@CastleCatt Tagging to see questions

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (633 Views)

Hero
@CastleCatt Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (607 Views)