Origin keeps installing a pack I don't want to play.
Looking around, everything I have seen says the only way to uninstall a pack is to uninstall the game and then when re-installing unclick the pack/packs you don't want to reinstall. Cool, fine.
I've done that 3 times and after waiting 2-3 hours each time for the reinstall I get annoyed to find that I come back to play and Origin ended up adding that pack after I did the install. This last time I went through my settings and made sure I turned off auto updates, triple checked and made sure I clicked off the pack I don't want installed, came back to the computer and it wasn't installed, played a little. Came back later and it was installed again?
Any ideas on why the pack keeps getting installed? I really don't like it (although I bought it because I thought I would) and it really effects my enjoyment in playing. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Have a look here
I don't work for EA
I so know what that is like.
1) I kept having aliens abduct a family of Sims. Then,they just kidnapped my mini-me(aka-me except in the game) Cute-right? No-every 15 minutes at times, she would get kidnapped. I swear I even heard her whimper right before the last almost abduction.
2) I had disabled the packs I did not want. I also uninstalled then re-installed the game. It worked-except, I had to keep rush clicking whenever I tried to repair the game.
3) Today-one of my Sims asked another Sim to meet him in Strangerville. This is one of the packs I had disabled. Later, mini-me's sister was almost abducted.
I think she was, I managed to get them to another world.I feel rather frustrated as well as angry. I didn't buy the game to keep having a Sim being taken away every single day. I really can't fathom what broke to have it happen every 15 minutes.
4) Realm of magic or whatever it is also was a pain. It got to be I couldn't use potions or anything that was linked to either world.
5) Does anyone have any idea how to make this stop? If it happens again, I might just not play again and I do love the game.
6) I don't use mods. I used to punch in cheat codes like crazy. I don't do that anymore. I use mainly a few codes,like 'modify relationship' and 'death,toggle'false
. Help! This is my second time re-installing.
@hoxharding Origin will redownload your packs after a patch, or a game repair, or any time if you have automatic game updates enabled. The download often doesn't start until you open the game.
It's much easier to disable a pack instead: