Re: Unwanted Expansion pack keeps getting reinstalled after uninstalling

by tmborah1976

Original Post

Unwanted Expansion pack keeps getting reinstalled after uninstalling

★★★ Newbie

Origin keeps installing a pack I don't want to play.

Looking around, everything I have seen says the only way to uninstall a pack is to uninstall the game and then when re-installing unclick the pack/packs you don't want to reinstall. Cool, fine.

I've done that 3 times and after waiting 2-3 hours each time for the reinstall I get annoyed to find that I come back to play and Origin ended up adding that pack after I did the install. This last time I went through my settings and made sure I turned off auto updates, triple checked and made sure I clicked off the pack I don't want installed, came back to the computer and it wasn't installed, played a little. Came back later and it was installed again? 

Any ideas on why the pack keeps getting installed? I really don't like it (although I bought it because I thought I would) and it really effects my enjoyment in playing. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (612 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@kithandra There is a way you can just delete the game pack folder from your sims folder on your C drive. It's not in the documents folder. I had to do that for a pack I don't like to play. I googled how to delete or uninstall game pack and was able to find how to do it without uninstalling the whole game and reinstalling.

Hope that helps
Message 2 of 5 (595 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Message 3 of 5 (588 Views)

★ Apprentice

I so know what that is like. 

1) I kept having aliens abduct a family of Sims. Then,they just kidnapped my mini-me(aka-me except in the game)  Cute-right? No-every 15 minutes at times, she would get kidnapped. I swear I even heard her whimper right before the last almost abduction.

2)  I had disabled the packs I did not want. I also uninstalled then re-installed the game.   It worked-except, I had to keep rush clicking whenever I tried to repair the game.

3)  Today-one of my Sims asked another Sim to meet him in Strangerville. This is one of the packs I had disabled.  Later, mini-me's sister was almost abducted.

I think she was, I managed to get them to another world.I feel rather frustrated as well as angry.  I didn't buy the game to keep having a Sim being taken away every single day. I really can't fathom what broke to have it happen every 15 minutes.

4) Realm of magic or whatever it is also was a pain. It got to be I couldn't use potions or anything that was linked to either world.

5)  Does anyone have any idea how to make this stop? If it happens again, I might just not play again and I do love the game.

6)    I don't use mods. I used to punch in cheat codes like crazy. I don't do that anymore. I use mainly a few codes,like 'modify relationship'  and 'death,toggle'false

.                      Help! This is my second time re-installing. 

Message 4 of 5 (504 Views)

@hoxharding  Origin will redownload your packs after a patch, or a game repair, or any time if you have automatic game updates enabled.  The download often doesn't start until you open the game.

It's much easier to disable a pack instead:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (494 Views)