Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Unwanted Expansion pack keeps getting reinstalled after uninstalling

by tmborah1976

Original Post

Unwanted Expansion pack keeps getting reinstalled after uninstalling

★★★★ Novice

Origin keeps installing a pack I don't want to play.

Looking around, everything I have seen says the only way to uninstall a pack is to uninstall the game and then when re-installing unclick the pack/packs you don't want to reinstall. Cool, fine.

I've done that 3 times and after waiting 2-3 hours each time for the reinstall I get annoyed to find that I come back to play and Origin ended up adding that pack after I did the install. This last time I went through my settings and made sure I turned off auto updates, triple checked and made sure I clicked off the pack I don't want installed, came back to the computer and it wasn't installed, played a little. Came back later and it was installed again? 

Any ideas on why the pack keeps getting installed? I really don't like it (although I bought it because I thought I would) and it really effects my enjoyment in playing. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (68 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@kithandra There is a way you can just delete the game pack folder from your sims folder on your C drive. It's not in the documents folder. I had to do that for a pack I don't like to play. I googled how to delete or uninstall game pack and was able to find how to do it without uninstalling the whole game and reinstalling.

Hope that helps
Message 2 of 3 (56 Views)

★★ Pro
Message 3 of 3 (49 Views)
sims-four-characters

The Sims 4 Patch Notes

Check out the latest updates and bug fixes

View more on EA Help
white-sims-bg

Restore a previous saved game

Choose from an automatically stored save point in The Sims 4 if your data's corrupted or you want to revert anyway.

View more on EA Help

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help