Unusually Slow Load and Save Times Plus Movement Peculiarities

by Lolzarella

Original Post

Unusually Slow Load and Save Times Plus Movement Peculiarities

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Eco and Knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start the game and save the game. Play the game and move a sim around the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? My game is taking more time to load than has been usual. It is also taking a really long time to save. Another issue is where the sim will disappear briefly and reappear a few steps ahead when I move the sim around on the lot. The sim will also walk through furniture.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game not to take as long to load. I expect saving the game to take less time to save. I expect my sim not to teleport through the house, I'm not even playing an alien. I expect my sim to not be able to walk through furniture. I mean, teleporting and walking through the furniture are both pretty cool superpowers and all but regular sims are probably not supposed to be able to do those things.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Dunno, the slow load and save issue, which is the part I'm most concerned about, began after the last patch or two (weren't there two updates within a couple of days of each other?).

I had started a brand new game and noticed the long load and save times. The game wasn't playing all that well and at first, I thought I had a bugged lot for some weird reason so I moved the household to another lot. I then updated the mod I use that needed an update. Some of the not playing well was better after the mod update and household move.  I also repaired the game. I still have the unusually long load and save issues. The walking through furniture and teleporting issues have been with me for a little longer than the slow issues, they just haven't bothered me as much or made me wonder if my PC is sending me warnings of impending doom or demise.

Message 1 of 2 (197 Views)

Re: Unusually Slow Load and Save Times Plus Movement Peculiarities

Hero

Hi @Lolzarella 

moving this to tech for further troubleshooting

Could you please post the following info

1. Your Computer's DxDiag?
  2. The following file: Documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\config.log

You can upload DxDiag and config.log directly to your post.

For the teleportation, there's a bug thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Jumpy-Animation-Bug-After-Newest-Patch/td-p/6876628

Walking through furniture is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sim-walking-through-walls-and-objects-Tiny-Lot/td-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (170 Views)