Unsupported Video Card

by skadeetz

Original Post

Unsupported Video Card

★★★ Newbie

I’ve been playing Sims 4 on my laptop for years now, but when I  went to play the game today I got a notification that I had an unsupported video card and that my computer didn’t meet the requirements. I opened the game and it was super glitchy- the graphics were awful and I couldn’t even navigate the menu easily. I read a few articles on here about this but am super confused on what to do to fix it. I have my dxdiag file but am not sure what to do next. Can you help me?

Message 1 of 2 (253 Views)

Re: Unsupported Video Card

@skadeetz  The issue with Sims 4 may be that the driver for your graphics card is quite old.  However, your dxdiag also lists a couple more serious errors.  Without more information, it's difficult to say how serious they might be or whether the underlying problem is something you can fix.  But I'd strongly suggest starting with a repair install of Windows just to address many of the potential issues on the Windows side.  Here's how to do it:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

If you choose the option to create an ISO and mount it internally (step 4), you won't need a USB or anything else.  You should also be able to preserve all your user data, but if you get to step 13 and are NOT asked whether you want to keep personal files and apps, back out and start over.

Once you've run the repair install, restart your computer and install the newest driver available from Intel for your graphics chip.  It's on this page if you click "Drivers & Software" on the left:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/91830/intel-pentium-processor-n3710-2m-cache-up...

Run the installer as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."  Restart afterwards and before trying to play.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (229 Views)