Unroutable Terrain

by Atophy

Original Post

Unroutable Terrain

★★ Novice

WTF is unroutable here ? Getting frustrated.

I want to place a larger lot down but it won't let me... won't even place the original sized lot.

Message 1 of 8 (9,268 Views)

Re: Unroutable Terrain

Hero (Retired)

@Atophy  I'm guessing that the maximum size of the lot is determined by the game code. Also terrain may interfere with the size of the lot. Unroutable is when the game can not determine a sims's route from point a to destination.  hth

Message 2 of 8 (9,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Pretty sure a sim would be able to walk the area... I'm wondering if the game has left mapping for some of the trees and rocks in place and its interfering with placement. All those dark spots are where there were world decorations.
Its a shame, I really liked that location but wanted a bigger lot on it. Was moving my sims with almost 200k so they need room.

Message 3 of 8 (9,246 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Atophy  Did you try saving, exiting, and reloading the world? What world are you using?

Message 4 of 8 (9,239 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep, unfortunately it didn't work.

Message 5 of 8 (9,228 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Atophy  What world are you having issues with? Did you try a different world? It seems some worlds are more difficult then others.

Message 6 of 8 (9,223 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Moonlight falls, little lot down on the far right of the map, near the lake.

I kicked all the trees and rocks out of the way thinking it might be those causing the problem but alas... no dice. I was hoping for a location with good access to casual fishing :D

Message 7 of 8 (9,216 Views)

★★ Novice
Found this little bit last night... CAW might be my only solution.
Apparently spawners and such can be left behind and theres this 'unroutable paint' that EA apparently used liberally on the maps.
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/742124/edit-town-problem-placing-lots
Message 8 of 8 (9,199 Views)