Unrecognized Video Card

by Camiicecream

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unrecognized Video Card

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I just got a new pc with a 3070 and got this error. I have my dxdiag if that's needed. Thank you!

Message 1 of 2 (191 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unrecognized Video Card

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Camiicecream   Your going to need the vendor id and the device id from the dxdiag. Then your going to have to edit the GraphicsCards.sgr file in the game core files - you can use file explorer search. This is a text file you can edit with note pad. The fast way would be to change the 3070 line from 0x2484 to 2488 (just change the last 4 to 8). Or you can create a new line like the 0x2484 with the 0x2488. Once this is done the launcher should identify the grapics card and finish launching the game.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (162 Views)

All Replies

Re: Unrecognized Video Card

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Camiicecream   Your going to need the vendor id and the device id from the dxdiag. Then your going to have to edit the GraphicsCards.sgr file in the game core files - you can use file explorer search. This is a text file you can edit with note pad. The fast way would be to change the 3070 line from 0x2484 to 2488 (just change the last 4 to 8). Or you can create a new line like the 0x2484 with the 0x2488. Once this is done the launcher should identify the grapics card and finish launching the game.

Message 2 of 2 (163 Views)