Re: ''Unrecognised video card'' pop-up message and laggy game performance

by Pinkvelvet98

Original Post

''Unrecognised video card'' pop-up message and laggy game performance

★ Apprentice

I received the ''unrecognised video card'' message when I first started the game on my new laptop. The message doesn't appear anymore but my game is still laggy, even though I've already set my game graphics to medium. I am using the Nvidia Geforce MX350 video card, which should be able to run the game smoothly. From what I know from google, the message is because my video card is too new. I've tried repairing and updating my game but my game is still laggy. I've also tried searching for a solution on Google but I don't understand what they're saying. Please provide me with simple step-by-step instructions on how to fix this problem.

Message 1 of 6 (393 Views)

@Pinkvelvet98  Please go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, open config.log, copy the first 40 or so lines (up to where "Options" starts), and paste them here.  This will show which graphics card the game is using, as well as its device ID in case it's not already in the game's database, which it may not be.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (388 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddictI'm sorry for the late response. Here it is.
=== Application info ===
Name: Sims4
Version: 1.67.45.1020
Build: Release 64 Bit
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 3 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 1 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 1498 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 2047 RAM: 7883 Adjusted RAM: 7371 Cores: 4
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 10 10.0.18363
OS prod type:
OS major ver: 10
OS minor ver: 0
OS SP major ver:
OS SP minor ver:
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU: GenuineIntel
Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz
Family: 6
Model: 14
Cores: 4
HT: 1
x64: 1
Memory: 7883MB
Free memory: 3768MB
VA space: 134217728MB
User: yujun
Computer: LAPTOP-9A7OPSR2
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce MX350
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce GTX MX350 [Found: 1, Supported: 1]
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 1c94, Board: 1bcf1043, Chipset: 00a1
Driver: nvldumdx.dll, Version: 26.21.14.4294, GUID: D7B71E3E-5FD4-11CF-3563-C13B1BC2D735
Driver version: 4294
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 1979MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1
Opt. features: +sab +a8l8 +rgba16f +r32f +bc4 +bc5 -rawz +intz

Before the update my name(database) used to say Found:0 Supported:1. I heard that Found:1 Supported:1 means your game is fine already, but I'm still experiencing lag.

Message 3 of 6 (358 Views)

@Pinkvelvet98  The recent update added a number of graphics cards to the game's database, including your MX350.  But that shouldn't have caused the lag anyway.  I wanted to see the info from config.log to make sure the game was in fact using your MX350 rather than the integrated chip, which it is.

Since you still have lag, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 4 of 6 (344 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here it is.

Message 5 of 6 (330 Views)

@Pinkvelvet98  Among the errors in your dxdiag are a couple that reference a component of Windows that has to do with wireless networking.  It's not clear whether these errors are related to Sims 4 at all.  Still given these and some other system errors, it's a good idea to start with a couple of basic checks of your Windows system files.  Here's how:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the button to check for updates.  If there are a number of updates pending, it may take a few tries, with restarts in between, to get them all to run.  By the way, I'm not saying you need to update Windows to the next build; this is just about the updates for your current build.

Restart again after installing any updates, and try playing, with nothing else running on your computer other than Origin.  If the game still lags, restart and try again, except this time, play while your computer is not connected to the internet.  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi before launching Sims 4.  I'm not suggesting you have to keep playing with no internet connection; it's just a useful test.

Message 6 of 6 (319 Views)