Re: Unplayed sims aging regardless of settings with Get to Work.

by ManicGlitter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unplayed sims aging regardless of settings with Get to Work.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Noticed that when I am at work as a doctor (haven't tried other jobs yet), unplayed sims will show up and age while they are at the hospital. Had a child from my own household that I wasn't playing at the time age up to teenager. I had the correct settings unchecked, I had to turn aging off completely.

Message 1 of 11 (12,345 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Settings in the Options

Played Households (= Households you have entered at least once)

As you can see you can distinguish between Yes/No/Active Household only. Active Household is the one you are currently playing.

PlayedSims.jpg

Unplayed Houshold againg is a yes/no field. That's all households you have never touched

AutoAge.jpg

To set a household as unplayed, go to the household manager

MarkUnplayed.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (14,025 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Bump. No one has helped me with this yet. My aging is still fubared. 

Message 2 of 11 (12,328 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Can someone help me with this? Bad form, EA, bad form.

Message 3 of 11 (12,313 Views)

Hero

Hi, 

AnswerHQ is a user help user platform so sometimes not all questions are being answered, especially if it's really busy. Helpers here are not compensated but do this on their own time.

---------------

Did you have played and unplayed households set to aging off ? Just active household to aging ? Do the settings actually stick or revert themselves ?

Did they all age up while at the hospital or did you just notice that they had aged up cause you met them there ?

Also are you using any mods on your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (12,310 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry if I seemed impolite, I am just desperate to get answers, because this kind of breaks my game. I had unplayed sims set to not age via settings, but had aging for played households on. I had a one sim household playing the doctor career, and I began to notice that my unplayed households would show up to the hospital as aged up. I had an unplayed household with two kids and the parents aged up to adults (from young adults) and the kids to teens and I wasn't playing them. Another household aged up to senior and I wasn't playing them. I had to turn aging off completely to stop it. I have no custom content or mods. I have the base game, outdoor retreat, and get to work installed as is. When I went into the unplayed household with the two kids, to play them, there they were all aged up and the teens were nearly adults. I can't even play that household anymore because what I was doing is completely messed up.

Message 5 of 11 (12,306 Views)

Hero

Sims 4 has three different kind of households: Active household (the one you are playing), unplayed (the ones you have never set foot in), played (Sims you have played but not at the moment).

Aging can be set for all three of those so there's two different options: Aging for active household (this would be the one you are currently playing) and then there's a dropdown box for the inactives. You can set if you want aging for no one or only the played ones. If you set it to played, all households you have touched will age.

If you want certain households you sometimes play to age and not others, you can set them to unplayed in the household management. There should be a little icon you can click. I can get you pictures if you need.

So to me it seems what you want is setting only active sims to aging and neither played nor unplayed. (can get you pictures on that as well if you need).

If you have done that and I have misunderstood you, then it could be a bug (there have been people complaining but it's supposed to be fixed)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (12,301 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Maybe I just misunderstood the settings. It's just weird because this never was an issue before I installed get to work. Pictures would be a great help. Or just a description of what to set to what. I see two settings regarding aging. If you could let me know exactly what to set it to so that only the sims I am actively playing at the time age, that would be very appreciated. Will setting a created family as unplayed affect me going in and playing them when I am ready?

Message 7 of 11 (12,295 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Also, is there a specific command I can use to reset the age of the sims who aged up to fast? 

Message 8 of 11 (12,293 Views)

Hero

Sorry for not responding earlier. Really busy with RL atm. I'll get you some pictures.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (12,285 Views)

Hero

Settings in the Options

Played Households (= Households you have entered at least once)

As you can see you can distinguish between Yes/No/Active Household only. Active Household is the one you are currently playing.

PlayedSims.jpg

Unplayed Houshold againg is a yes/no field. That's all households you have never touched

AutoAge.jpg

To set a household as unplayed, go to the household manager

MarkUnplayed.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (14,026 Views)