Re: Unknown error installing sims 3

by Sims_fanGurl03

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unknown error installing sims 3

★★★★★ Novice

For the last few days I've been trying to install my,copy of sims 3. ( yes I,own other copied of sims this one is just new) anyways as I,try to install the game i have to install origin first. I,do and when I,go to log in to it I,get a message saying "a UNKNOWN error had accord, please restart origin and try again". I've tried everything I,can think of, I've tried tech support many,times here and nothing that has been,suggested in,fixing my problem had worked. Im fed up! Please help!! Also I have no problem logging on to the website via computer or my,phone. Also I'm using both Firefox and internet explorer, im using Windows 7 ultimate, and I'm using a pc laptop. Any other questions please ask,and please help me so,I,can finally play my,games! Thank you. 

Message 1 of 3 (262 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you for responding! I have however finally got it to,install this morning. Turned out I,had to install it from the website and not the disk instead. Thank you again for your help. Standard smile 

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (235 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@Sims_fanGurl03 Just to confirm, this issue happens when you try to login to the Origin app before you have a chance to install Sims 3, right?  If not, please correct me.

I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but your best bet at this point is to uninstall Origin completely and get rid of all traces with a cleaner app like Piriform's CCleaner.  Then try reinstalling.  If you still have the same issue, you may be running an antivirus/firewall program that's blocking the Origin app specifically.  (There's quite a long list.)  You can try setting an exception for it, or temporarily disabling it entirely—just long enough to test whether Origin works properly.

If these steps don't work, I'll send you to someone who's much better with Origin issues than I am.  I can handle basic troubleshooting, but the advanced stuff is best left to the experts.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (244 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you for responding! I have however finally got it to,install this morning. Turned out I,had to install it from the website and not the disk instead. Thank you again for your help. Standard smile 

Message 3 of 3 (236 Views)