by lamealienbean

Original Post

Accepted Solution

University Bug Won't Let Me Load Households

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions besides Island Living, All game packs besides Strangerville, Laundry Day, Movie Night, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? For me the bug happened after hitting the home icon for my University student, went into the loading screen, and then took me to the Worlds page.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to load up a household and it takes me to the Worlds page and I'm unable to do anything else.
What do you expect to see? The game go to loading screen and then load into the home/household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Was fine after the University patch but began after installing and playing University.

My issue currently is after installing and playing University I've come in contact with a bug that will not allow me to play. I was at Uni and wanted my sim to go back to her dorm so I clicked the little home icon and she went that way, went into a loading screen, then I was taken to the Worlds page. I had clicked the home button and had no issue before, but this time it caused a major bug. I do have cc but I had no issue after the patch update, and updated any cc that was updated after the patch and still had no issue. I wouldn't mind so much if this bug only affected the current household, but I have tried to load into households in saves before going to University and it does the same thing. I click the household, start loading up, then am taken to the Worlds page. I will go in and try making a new household to see what that does but for the time being having all of my saves unplayable is incredibly frustrating. I suppose I'll try taking out all of my Mods as well and seeing if that changes things but as I said I had no issue after the patch when playing with my mods whatsoever and only this one event in University has caused issues to my entire game.

Message 1 of 7 (1,927 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: University Bug Won't Let Me Load Households

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  Hi sorry for taking a bit to get back. I actually ended up doing 'repair game' and it fixed the issue completely. It did however make that game save lose a bit of progress but it wasn't too bad. 

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,751 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@lamealienbean Did you test without any cc/mods at all ?

Some might work with the patch but not with Uni.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,909 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am also dealing with this as well as a variety of other issues after the patch/installing DU. This one in particular has completely broke the game and made me unable to play any of my saves. 

Message 3 of 7 (1,842 Views)

Hero
@Ashisdrifting What error are you getting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,836 Views)

Hero
@lamealienbean Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (1,768 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  Hi sorry for taking a bit to get back. I actually ended up doing 'repair game' and it fixed the issue completely. It did however make that game save lose a bit of progress but it wasn't too bad. 

Message 6 of 7 (1,752 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Ashisdrifting  Try doing 'repair game', it ended up fixing the issue for me as far as this particular bug. It did take away some of the progress I had in University but it wasn't too bad and since going back in and playing it I didn't encounter the bug again during the same time I did the first time I played.

Message 7 of 7 (1,750 Views)