Uninstalled due to problems and now cannot reinstall Sims 3

by kingcaisb

Original Post

Uninstalled due to problems and now cannot reinstall Sims 3

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I installed the Sims 3 plus Seasons, World Adventures, Ambitions and Pets onto my laptop. After trying to play it would come up with a black screen and an error message. I am almost positive that I am able to play these games on my laptop as I was told I could.  I then tried to uninstall them and reinstall but when I choose the install option when I put in the Sims 3 base game it comes up with the start screen. I have no idea how to fix this

I have a toshiba with windows 8 if it helps 

Message 1 of 6 (240 Views)

Re: Uninstalled due to problems and now cannot reinstall Sims 3

★★★ Pro

Black Screen usually means something is up with your video card. What kind of card do you have? Is it updated?

Also when you uninstall it leaves files behind you have to get rid of before reinstalling.

See how to manually uninstall to get rid of all files before doing a new install.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3/

Message 2 of 6 (231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I went to uninstall it through the control panel because I do not have a HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder. 

I am also not sure what card I have or if it is updated. This is a new laptop 

Message 3 of 6 (226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder. this is your computer's registry. The game attaches files to the registry . you need to remove those files. and be very careful to follow the instructions exactly. To get to your registery editor ,windows key + R Key, in the run box type regedit. Hit Ok, you will then be propted by windows if you want to make changes state yes and this will take you the the files you need to remove.

since its a new laptop do you know the model and make? I can just look up your specs that way

Message 4 of 6 (215 Views)

★ Novice

I have a Toshiba Satellite c75 Series, I think. 

Message 5 of 6 (212 Views)

★★★ Pro

I need to know exact so if you could I need you to run a DxDiag on your computer. windows key + R Key, type in the run box dxdiag. Hit ok let it load and save a copy to desktop. I need you to copy the first part of your DxDiag up through video card info. Thanks

Message 6 of 6 (210 Views)