Re: Unable to start sims 4 error

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to start sims 4 error

★★★ Newbie
I just bought a hard copy of the Get To Work expansion pack. It installed without any issues but when I go and click play on the Sims 4 through Origin, an error message will pop up. It says "Unable to start: Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please try reinstalling the game." I just want to play this game so I'd like to know how to fix this error.
Message 1 of 8 (52,472 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie
I actually found the solution, at least this worked for me. Through Origin, I right clicked on the Sims 4 and selected "repair game" and that fixed my issue

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (55,885 Views)

All Replies

Do you have any custom content? Try removing them.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 8 (52,435 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi, rdammen97. The issue is easy to resolve: all you had to do was take the message's advice. Completely uninstall the game from your computer (through control panel, and search your computer for any leftover Sims 4 folders.) Now, reinstall the base game, then the expansion pack. If this solved the issue, great!

If not, please continue with this simple trick that refreshes your TS4 files: Within Documents, copy and paste / keep your old EA folders (with every Sims 4 subfolder) within a safe place. Once you've duplicated them into a safe place, please delete the EA folders within your Documents. Now, start your Sims 4 game. The game will regenerate new files for itself. This should fix your issue.

If you've removed your EA files and still cannot open your Sims 4 game, add your EA files back in to your Documents and please seek help from EA themselves.

Hopefullly this resolves your issue. 

Good luck.

Message 3 of 8 (52,427 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I actually found the solution, at least this worked for me. Through Origin, I right clicked on the Sims 4 and selected "repair game" and that fixed my issue
Message 4 of 8 (55,886 Views)

@rdammen97 could you mark your message as the solution, so other people can find it and try it if they come across the same issue?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 8 (52,401 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried this on my computer and the issue still continued... ?

Message 6 of 8 (39,264 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did that but it's telling me the same thing I'm getting frustrated idk wht to do

Message 7 of 8 (32,718 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Sims 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (32,597 Views)