Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x065d0274)

by ChrisHasToeFur

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie
Hello, I've tried the Script fix- I think i'm doing it right- saved and ran as a PowerShell- but to no avail!
What is happening is, i pull up the launcher- i run the game, and the black screen apears and what appears to be the top left corner of a pop up window (just the white sidelines of a pop up window, one part runs off the screen to the right, the other down and off the screen) and i hear the little error ding, so i windows key and find that a miniature pop up window has appeared giving me the exact text above. Its worth noting that i have two monitors running, so when i seen the visual error with my own eyes my first instinct was, turn off the other monitor, restart computer and steam, and see if that fixes it- it did not, just with the one monitor it still did the same thing. I've searched here on steam, and google, everyone seems to be getting their fixes, and i don't know if im just being silly and missing something or what! I also tried verifying the game files, its worth noting the game files will say 4 files are undetected, will fix now, and i watch steam reinstall the four missing files, but it doesn't actually do it I guess, because when i press verify again, it will still say four files and repeat the cycle.

Message 1 of 15 (3,566 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x065d0274)

@ChrisHasToeFur  Have you ever had Sims 3 installed on this computer before, or have you ever installed any packs that are not currently installed?  If so, you'd have needed to clean your computer's registry; not doing so can lead to a service initialization error.

If that doesn't apply, please move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop and see whether you can play.

I'd also like to see a dxdiag on this computer.  You can attach one to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

The Steam notification when verifying the game files may be nothing.  I saw that every time I repaired when I was testing a while ago and had no trouble loading the game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (3,537 Views)

All Replies

@ChrisHasToeFur  Have you ever had Sims 3 installed on this computer before, or have you ever installed any packs that are not currently installed?  If so, you'd have needed to clean your computer's registry; not doing so can lead to a service initialization error.

If that doesn't apply, please move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop and see whether you can play.

I'd also like to see a dxdiag on this computer.  You can attach one to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

The Steam notification when verifying the game files may be nothing.  I saw that every time I repaired when I was testing a while ago and had no trouble loading the game.

Message 2 of 15 (3,538 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict All good points- clarify on things I didn't mention, I've owned the base game on steam for years, had it working on another computer. I don't THINK I've ran it on this new computer yet- but i could have a totally forgotten! Tonight, before coming acrossed my issues, i bought all the expansions and addons, everything that isnt the base game is brand new, never been used yet. I had to google what you meant by registry- I guess i'm going to use this CCleaner to do that? I will give the dxdiag in a moment.
Message 3 of 15 (3,534 Views)

★★★ Newbie

DxDiag

Message 4 of 15 (3,526 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If i try to move the entire folder from EA > sims3 > to the desktop it readys Error is keeping you from copying the file, CASPartCache.package... interestingly it says date modified 1/19/2019. 

Message 5 of 15 (3,518 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict By simply moving the file location out of EA folder and onto the desktop, it miraculously works now lol. Thank you very much for the simple and time-efficient fix and being so helpful!
Message 6 of 15 (3,511 Views)

@ChrisHasToeFur  I'm glad to hear it worked.  It sounds like you may have some old Sims 3 user data, perhaps synced from OneDrive—that would explain the 2019 date for the cache file.

By the way, you'll get much better in-game performance if you plug your monitors into your graphics card rather than the motherboard.  This is a diagram I like to borrow from someone else:

GPU port.jpg

A 1050 ti should have both DisplayPort and HDMI ports, so no need for any extra cables.

Message 7 of 15 (3,502 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh jeeze, that's embarrassing- you were totally right lol- Thank you, I just switched it over. XD Thanks again! 

Message 8 of 15 (3,482 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I'm having the same problem. It worked all right until i updated my pc to windows 11. I have it on steam (which says there are some files missing or whatever when i run dignostic), tried to move the folder like you said, tried to uninstall, CCleaner the register, install again and.. nothing. I even tried to manually see if something was wrong in the regedit files (even if i don't understand much of it, if I'm being honest..) and still nothing Frown

I have attached the DxDiag.. some ideas?

Message 9 of 15 (3,283 Views)

@MyosotisMauve  If you use a third-party antivirus app, please disable it temporarily, just long enough to test.  If you only use Windows Defender, please see whether Controlled Folder Access is enabled, and if so, disable it and test.  This guide is for Windows 10 and Sims 4, but the settings should be the same.

https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/03/windows-10-defender-controlled-folder-access.html

In either case, if this works, it's easy enough to set exceptions—I'm not suggesting you go without virus protection.  But it's important to find out whether this is in fact the issue.

Before trying to play, please repair the game in Steam (again), the verification of the local files it sounds like you already did.  And when you say you tried to move the Sims 3 folder, did it actually move, or did you get an error or see the folder duplicate?  If there's still a Sims 3 folder present, that's probably because of OneDrive, and at any rate that needs to be addressed.

Message 10 of 15 (3,267 Views)