Unable to start: The Sims™ 4 is already running.

by rainbowtongues

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to start: The Sims™ 4 is already running.

★★★★★ Newbie

I keep getting an error when I attempt to open Origin and TS4, that says that it is already running and therefore is unable to start. I am aware that there are a few topics on this, including a SOLVED topic here, but after trying that, the solution did not help me. 

Is there anything else that someone has realized or found? I am using a PC and running windows 10. 

sigh.PNG

Message 1 of 5 (610 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to start: The Sims™ 4 is already running.

★★★★★ Newbie
I did try all the listed, Uninstalling, repairing through origin, resetting to factory settings, making sure I was the only one signed in, but after further investigation

It turns out my new Antivirus hadn't actually listed tsr as a safe application, eventhough I was sure I had done it!

I went through the motions again and it works! Thanks for being so prompt guys!

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (724 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Could Sims 4 be open and running or logged in on a different account on your computer or network?

If you have different accounts on your computer please check there.

Also, check other computers and any device you may have logged in on.

Hope this helps, I am not an EA employee I am just trying to help. So if it did help please grant XP points ty.

Message 2 of 5 (595 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@rainbowtongues

In the mentioned thread there were several different possible solutions. Did you try them all?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 5 (588 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I did try all the listed, Uninstalling, repairing through origin, resetting to factory settings, making sure I was the only one signed in, but after further investigation

It turns out my new Antivirus hadn't actually listed tsr as a safe application, eventhough I was sure I had done it!

I went through the motions again and it works! Thanks for being so prompt guys!
Message 4 of 5 (725 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does your issues solved already. It is happening to me the same, i did everything but still not working

Message 5 of 5 (449 Views)