Unable to start (Error)

by Systema42

Original Post

Unable to start (Error)

★ Novice

After 2 times 'Contact Us' without any help/solution, I'm trying it here.

As I just got my new computer I was somehow forced to install the EA app instead of Origin (Sadly as I never had any issues with Origin).

After a fresh install I got the following message:

Unable to start:

Cannot start because game data is missing or damaged. If you have any Mods installed please remove them and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.

[de4ee14f:29f00e76:00000000:4b0d852b]

So I followed the trouble shooting page, repair my game which resulted into the following when trying to play:

Your game failed to Launch

An error on our end caused your launch to fail. Try again a little later.

Again, following the trouble shooting page, uninstall my game + Reinstall it.

Resulting in the exact same issues.

The last step on the trouble shooting page says to 'Contact Us' where I was told to write this issue on the forum for a community manager to see as they cannot help me.

So here I am doing what I was told and hoping I can play my game soon again on my new computer.

Thanking you in advance!

Message 1 of 7 (378 Views)

Re: Unable to start (Error)

★★ Guide

Last 2 people I saw who had this exact same error message had it fixed by first reinstalling EA App, then reinstalling the game.

Message 2 of 7 (365 Views)

★ Novice

Hi!

Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately that did not solve it for me.

Message 3 of 7 (306 Views)

@Systema42  What antivirus do you use?  Please also let me know the file path to the Sims 4 program files, as in, where the game is installed.  If you're not sure, open your game library, hover over the sims 4 icon, click the three dots, select View Properties, and you'll see the file path.

You can also try reinstalling Origin and launching the game from there.  This post has a download link:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Downloading-and-installing-Origin-Windows-and-...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 7 (292 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict
Hi!
I do not run any antivirus.
Regarding the file path: C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims4\

Hope this info helps.
I will hold on a little longer seeing if any more help comes up, but now that you present me with a link to Origin download, this is really tempting. I really appreciate this!
Message 5 of 7 (248 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Systema42   I basically had the same issue. Funny because I had Origin installed and when I installed the EA Play app Origin got uninstalled. You do not need to have Origin running. After I reinstalled Origin the game installed without error.

Message 6 of 7 (237 Views)

★ Novice
@roberta591 Hi, so does that mean you only used Origin to install the game but still have the EA app as well, or you ended up uninstalling the EA app?
Message 7 of 7 (199 Views)