Unable to redeem game

by PumpkinLoveSims

Original Post

Unable to redeem game

★★ Novice

Just bought a game via origin but it isn't allowing me to redeem the code on the website. Everytime I type i the code it just loads for ages. I have payed for this and don't understand why it isn't working.

Message 1 of 7 (324 Views)

Re: Unable to redeem game

Hero (Retired)

@PumpkinLoveSims If you bought the through Origin you don't get a code as the code is an activation code and Origin will activate the game into your Origin account automatically. No code required. Where did you get the code?

Message 2 of 7 (315 Views)

★★ Novice
On origin I bought it, and then it sent me a 16 digit code to register the game and it also sent it in my recite saying I'd need to redeem the code on the Sims website in order to add the game to my origin list of games
Message 3 of 7 (309 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @PumpkinLoveSims,

When you buy a The Sims 3 pack through Origin, it will be automatically registered in your account.

16 digit codes are codes for bonus content and worlds and should be redeemed here: https://store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html (Redeem a code option).

Is there where you are getting the issue? If so, when it gets stuck loading, press F5 key. Then please, try to enter the code again. The content should appear in your account in a few minutes.

Let us know if it works or not Wink

-Mai

PS: You can find more information about the game registration process in this post.

Message 4 of 7 (301 Views)

★★ Novice
It states it should be viable in my game library after purchase.. which it is not.
Also I played my game and it is not on there.
Message 5 of 7 (287 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@PumpkinLoveSims Are you trying to install an expansion pack? Is your computer a pc or mac?

Message 6 of 7 (277 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @PumpkinLoveSims,

If what you bought is not the base game, keep in mind that the pack won't show in your library as a separate game. Please, take a look to this post for more information [FAQ] New Origin Layout for The Sims 3 Expansion Packs Wink

.Mai

Message 7 of 7 (255 Views)