Unable to play

by lilypog

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Unable to play

★★ Novice

I can open Origin, but my Sims 4 game is pale like when you click on it to play. It isn't installing anything it just won't let me play.

Message 1 of 7 (333 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to play

Ah, ok, try these:

The Play button in Origin is gray

Make sure your game is updated to the newest version (see above). If that is the case and the play button is still gray, try the following things (or any combination of it)

Source: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Installation-Updating-and-Startup-Issues/td-p/4276949

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (282 Views)

All Replies

Give these a try:

The game is grayed out in Origin

First you need to check if your payment has gone through. Unless your order says fulfilled, you won't be able to download. If you have issues with your payment, you'll need to contact a game advisor.

• Log out and back in
  • If you are on a mac, make sure you download Origin for Mac.
  • Check on the Status of your order to see if it has processed. If it still saysprocessing, make sure your credit card info is up-to-date
  • Restart Origin
  • Reinstall Origin
  • Start Origin as administrator
  • Make sure Origin is online (click on the spoiler below to view an exemplary screenshot)
    Spoiler
    original.png

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 7 (325 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had the game since it came out and it has always worked fine. I don't see how I could be having billing trouble when I've already payed for it?

Message 3 of 7 (309 Views)

It's an standard text, just give the point below that a try. Unless it's only your play button that is grayed out....?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 7 (298 Views)

★★ Novice

I have done as you said before but it has not worked, and yes, the play button is greyed out meaning I can't click on it to play.

Message 5 of 7 (280 Views)

Ah, ok, try these:

The Play button in Origin is gray

Make sure your game is updated to the newest version (see above). If that is the case and the play button is still gray, try the following things (or any combination of it)

Source: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Installation-Updating-and-Startup-Issues/td-p/4276949

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 7 (283 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much Standard smile

Message 7 of 7 (239 Views)