Unable to play newly bought Sims 4 DLC

by Radijsx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to play newly bought Sims 4 DLC

★★★ Newbie

Asking for my wife, she bought 2 new DLC's for the Sims 4 on Steam last week, and they aren't showing up as owned in the EA app or in the Sims 4 game.

We've tried uninstalling all involved programs (Steam, EA & Sims) and even tried running the game through the old Origin app.

Nothing seems to help.

She owns the Legacy edition of the Sims.

What other things can we do to solve this problem?

Message 1 of 62 (2,785 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 DLC purchased on Steam not showing in EA app or in game

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all,

We've pushed a fix for this issue live a few minutes ago.

Could you let me know if you're still seeing issues now with Steam purchases not showing up?

Edit: We have confirmed that the fix pushed live this morning has resolved this issue. If you continue to see this issue in the future, please make a new thread. 

EACade

View in thread

Message 62 of 62 (2,517 Views)

All Replies

Re: Unable to play newly bought Sims 4 DLC

@Radijsx  Which packs did your wife buy?  The Legacy Edition doesn't run any packs released after October 2019, so that would explain why newer ones aren't working.

The packs should show up as owned in your wife's Steam library though.  If not, please make sure the purchase did in fact go through.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 62 (2,749 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I have this exact issue and I own the normal version. according to steam everything is fine but neither origin or EA recognise it as bought. but when I click on buy it directs me to steam which doesn't let me buy it cause I already own it. I've been at this for hours!
Message 3 of 62 (2,698 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@WitchLilith69   Does Steam have a code to redeem in the EA app?

Message 4 of 62 (2,678 Views)

@WitchLilith69  Any content bought through Steam needs to be installed through Steam, and you also need to install the base game through Steam.  Any packs you own through Origin or the EA App can be downloaded into a Steam install, but it doesn't work the other way around.  So if you've installed the game through Origin or the EA App, you'll need to uninstall it, download the Steam base game, install your Steam-owned packs, and then install any packs you own through Origin/the EA App.

@roberta591 wrote:

@WitchLilith69   Does Steam have a code to redeem in the EA app?

No, and Sims 4 in Steam has never worked like that.

Message 5 of 62 (2,666 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict everything is installed and bought through steam, I am logged into both origin and ea with my steam account. I launch the game through steam and that brings me to the origin app (I've tried origin and ea app) and there it says the DLC's I bought yesterday aren't owned. but I can't buy them cause I already own them lol. the DLC's I bought when I bought the base game do show up
Message 6 of 62 (2,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

She bought the game ages ago, near the original release. But she's bought plenty of DLC's even after 2019.

When she runs the game through the EA app there's no mention of legacy edition.

Message 7 of 62 (2,637 Views)

[ Edited ]

@WitchLilith69  What happens when you try to download your newly-bought packs through Steam?  You should be able to see them in your Steam library.  If you don't see a Download button, please post a screenshot.

And again, the packs you own in Steam are not supposed to show as owned in Origin or the EA App because you don't own them there.

@Radijsx  What game version is your wife running?  Please load the game to the Main Menu, where you can choose to load a save or start a new one, and look along the bottom of the screen, or in the lower-right area.  Please list the entire version number, i.e. 1.xx.xxx.xxxx.

Please also list the packs that don't show up.

And just to clarify, it's not that the Legacy Edition can't run any games you've bought after October 2019.  It's about when those packs were released by EA.

Message 8 of 62 (2,624 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict It's downloading perfectly fine, it says it's in my library etc. the problem is that when I launch it ( including my clicking launch on steam) it isn't read as owned. so I can't use it I've tried making a world and nothing from those packs show up. the ones I bought when I bought the game, all through steam, do show up as owned and in game. but no content I bought yesterday does. even the free kit I downloaded through the Sims 4 main page (the app that launches when you launch the game) doesn't show up anywhere in the app anymore. not the place you buy/download stuff and not in owned. but it does show up in my steam

Packs that do show up:
Seasons
Cats&Dogs
Cottage Living
Blooming Rooms
Desert Deluxe
Laundry Day

Not showing up:
Eco Living
Outdoor Retreat
Parenthood
now that I'm looking it also doesn't see the ones I got included in the deluxe version I bought (awesome animal hats, up all night, life of the party.) not holiday celebrations, the free kit I downloaded yesterday to test either. I don't have the legacy edition
Message 9 of 62 (2,618 Views)

@WitchLilith69  Please go into the game's program files, which are located here by default:

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Sims 4

Look for these folders, which correspond to your missing packs:

EP09

GP01

GP05

FP01

If the folders are there, please delete them and restart your computer, then repair the game: open your Steam library, right-click the Sims 4 entry, and select Properties > Local files > Verify integrity of the game files.  Then try again to download those packs.  If the folders aren't present, repair and restart your computer, then see if you can download them.

If you can't find the folders, please search your computer for them and let me know if you find other copies.  Open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and enter the pack label in the search field in the upper-right corner.  You'll see one of each inside a Delta folder within the game's program files too, but that's not relevant: it's just patch data, not data from the packs themselves.

If you find a copy of any of these folders anywhere else on your computer, please let me know, and also list the full file path to the pack(s).  You can see it under the folder name in the search results, or you can select a result and click the Open file location menu button, which will jump you to its location.

Message 10 of 62 (2,597 Views)