Re: Buy expansion packs, but in games and in EA do not show the expansion packs

by natchafangg

Original Post

Why won't my dlc show up in game?

★★★★★ Newbie

I bought The Sims 4 last year in February along with a bunch of dlc through Steam and they all worked just fine, now, having bought more dlc through Steam just yesterday, the new dlc won't show up in game even though Steam says that the dlc did in fact get downloaded.

I am almost at my wits end with this issue. I have tried deleting the newly bought dlc and redownloading, removing my Mods folder, checking game files integrity, and connecting to the gallery in game, nothing has worked.

Message 31 of 62 (1,665 Views)

sims 4 will not launch through steam anymore, "incompatible version"

★★★ Newbie

i am unable to run the sims 4 through the steam launcher, where i purchased my game and expansion packs. the EA app now says i have an "incompatible version installed on my device" and to uninstall and run from the EA app. i have uninstalled and reinstalled both versions (steam and EA) several times. I refuse to only run and play the base game on the EA launcher, because i have purchased $50 dollars worth of expansion packs through the steam store, which are non-transferrable to my EA account conveniently enough. The EA app then tells me to go back and start over linking my steam account, even though it is already linked, and no options in settings to unlink/relink accounts. i was able to play through steam and use my expansion packs for about a month, and all of a sudden i cant anymore. i dont know how else i can fix it on my own, ive tried everything. 

Message 32 of 62 (1,632 Views)

Re: Why won't my dlc show up in game?

@NizzyTien  I've merged your post with another thread about the same issue.  You can try the suggestions earlier in the thread, but I think this might be an account issue, in which case there might be nothing you can do to fix it on your end.  I've flagged the problem to someone from EA.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 33 of 62 (1,639 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

*sigh* I was afraid of that...here's hoping something can be done. I spent $105 on the new dlc...

Message 34 of 62 (1,641 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, 

We are currently reviewing this issue internally as well as with our Steam partners. I'll provide any updates in this thread. 

EACade
Message 35 of 62 (1,614 Views)

★ Novice

Basically I did as you said, sent a message to EA on Facebook as you sent. But he still didn't have any response.

Message 36 of 62 (1,569 Views)

Re: Packs not showing up in game

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I tried running both Steam and Origin as an admin, and it didn't change anything Frown

Message 37 of 62 (1,579 Views)

Re: Packs not showing up in game

@kanamihope  Thanks for letting me know.  As you can see from the post immediately above yours, EA is now looking into the issue.  If it's on the EA side, which seems likely given that all the usual troubleshooting steps haven't helped, you'll just need to wait for a fix, unfortunately.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 38 of 62 (1,569 Views)

Community Manager

@natchafangg 

Could you let me know when exactly you purchased Cottage Living and Snowy Escape from the Steam store? 

solaire.png

Message 39 of 62 (1,517 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Solaire I know you asked about the other one, but I'll answer too since I am still having the original issue from this thread as well. I purchased the Vampires and Realm of Magic expansions on January 20 (2023)
Message 40 of 62 (1,483 Views)