Re: Unable to open Origin properly and can't launch the Sims 4

by simgirl542

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to open Origin properly and can't launch the Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

Is anyone else having a similar issue? I'm on PC (Windows), and for some reason I have been unable to open Origin properly and therefore I can't launch the Sims 4. Does anyone know if there's a way around it? Or if they're having similar issues what are they doing?

The message that pops up all the time is: "Well, that didn't go as planned.Origin encountered an issue loading this page. Please try reloading it – if that doesn’t work, restart the client or try again later. " I can't reload the page for some reason, as it isn't shown as an option under the Origin Tab. I've closed down Origin, attempted to log out and log back in, restarted my PC. Furthermore, I contacted EA, and was told this was a "general problem" they were trying to fix. Has anyone else had this issue?  

What should I do?

Thank you!!

Message 1 of 8 (673 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
@Garolda Origin has been having issues on and off.

Can you try again now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (648 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Garolda Origin has been having issues on and off.

Can you try again now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (649 Views)

★★ Novice
@Garolda I can enter my id and password, but it doesn't recognize me as an user, so I can't login
Message 3 of 8 (623 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you. I did attempt later that day and it appeared to have worked. Hopefully this was just a temporary effect. Did you have a similar issue by any chance?

Message 4 of 8 (576 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having these issues with opening origin and trying to open sims 4 also. Mine is also saying repair sims 4 and is is stuck at 28% it will go up to 36% then pause and go back to 28% when I restart the repair. 🤦‍♂️ This has been happening for a few days and I've left it because I've seen that origin are having issues but after buying a game you would like to be able to at least play it. 

Message 5 of 8 (548 Views)

★ Guide

I've been having a similar issue for about three days. However, I can't get origin to open at all. The screen comes up then the loading circle, but then it stops, freezes, and a message saying that origin has stopped pops up. I've rebooted my computer and it didn't help. 

Message 6 of 8 (505 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

had this "Well, that didn't go as planned" message yesterday. after some attempts to reload and relog everything (including the computer) I gave up. later that day it just opened without a hitch. now we're back stuck again and it doesn't really make sense to me, that it works sometimes and other times not. I am pretty miffed about it, i.e. they've taken away my freedom to just play a damn game, a game that worked absolutely fine and I guess still works absolutely fine. now, of course I don't know what the issue is and what I can expect exactly. just that I am frustrated.

edit: deleting all cached origin files in ProgramData and AppData/Roaming, except for ProgramData/Origin/LocalContent, did the trick.

Message 7 of 8 (373 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Sims 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (362 Views)