Unable to mirage to Legacy, but Legacy not installed

by AnnoyedDP

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to mirage to Legacy, but Legacy not installed

★ Novice

This is a issue my sister is having. She was playing Sims 4 yesterday playing normally, when she went on today there was a message saying Unable to Mirage the user data, I have added a photo of the message.

The thing is she doesn’t have Legacy, it’s not even in her library, she can’t start her game at all.

She doesn’t have any mods or CC either, so I’m unsure how to help her. Why did this message start appearing?

Message 1 of 3 (274 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to mirage to Legacy, but Legacy not installed

@AnnoyedDP  Please ask your sister to look for TS4_x64.exe in the game's program files.  Unless she changed the default install location in Origin, the full file path will be:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin

Some antivirus programs have been deleting TS4_x64.exe, and when it's gone, Origin will try to launch the Legacy Edition instead.  Normally, repairing the game (open the Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Repair) will restore the .exe, but it may be necessary to temporarily disable the antivirus before doing so, then set exceptions for both the game .exe and Origin.exe.

If this isn't the issue, please ask your sister to run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (266 Views)

All Replies

@AnnoyedDP  Please ask your sister to look for TS4_x64.exe in the game's program files.  Unless she changed the default install location in Origin, the full file path will be:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin

Some antivirus programs have been deleting TS4_x64.exe, and when it's gone, Origin will try to launch the Legacy Edition instead.  Normally, repairing the game (open the Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Repair) will restore the .exe, but it may be necessary to temporarily disable the antivirus before doing so, then set exceptions for both the game .exe and Origin.exe.

If this isn't the issue, please ask your sister to run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (267 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

Thank you so much for the help, I managed to sort out her antivirus and repaired the game.

Hopefully this doesn’t happen again Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (236 Views)