Re: Unable to load saves

by kreatora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to load saves

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I haven't played sims since April. I decided to play last night. I've updated my games, I always remove my saves and mods before updating. Anyway when screen pops up to load save or play, start new etc etc I am not able to click on Load Game. So I started a new game with a random sim just to see what the problem is and when I saved it i could see my save games on the screen. For the life of me this has never happened before. I thought, oh.. must be a mod even though I spent time updating the mods I used before updating the game. Removed mods, still not able to load my saves, removed saves to see if it the family.. went back into the game with another new sim, was able to exit game but when restarted the same problem..I couldn't even load the new random sim save. When in game after I save I can go to the main menu and load game but when I save and exit and restart the game I am unable to click the load game button. It's not greyed out or anything. Sitting there bold as brass but just unable to click. Yes, I have tried repairing the game. Still no change... Any ideas what the culprit is? This is very frustrating..it doesn't matter if I start a new game, the same problem happens after I save and exit the game. Like I said after I make a new sim, save and go to main menu I can load game and see all my old previous saves but as soon as I hit exit and restart it always comes up to start a new game or play. .... help 😪 I was hoping someone would take a copy of my save and see if they are able to load it. Cheers. 

Message 1 of 8 (772 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@risi77

It depends on what monitor you have. In the game's options will be given various options that match your monitor. Try different ones and see after which your Load Button will recover

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (744 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@risi77

Change the resolution settings of the screen in the game options. Part of your screen where Load Button is after the patch is not visible for your mouse.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 8 (759 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you for your quick response. What resolution should I put it on? 

Message 3 of 8 (754 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@risi77

It depends on what monitor you have. In the game's options will be given various options that match your monitor. Try different ones and see after which your Load Button will recover

Message 4 of 8 (745 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you so much! It worked! I put it on the highest. Wish I'd known before I uninstalled and reinstalled everything lol. 

Message 5 of 8 (736 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@risi77
I'm glad it worked for you. Next time when you will see a problem first, come here :D
Message 6 of 8 (731 Views)

★ Apprentice
@kreatora Thank you darling. You made my day. I was freaking out thinking I'd not fix the problem. Usually if it's a mod no problem but this problem was different. Do you know why the patch affected the load button this way?
Message 7 of 8 (727 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)
@risi77

Not the last one. I think the big penultimate one
Message 8 of 8 (715 Views)