Unable to load into househould in-game [Mod Issues?]

by PeskyBonBon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to load into househould in-game [Mod Issues?]

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi! I was wanting to leave this in the modded forums on the sims 4 forums but I couldn't find a way to do it; so, I hope this is an appropriate place to put my issues. 

Today I decided to clean out all of the mods that I had in my folder to prepare for the new updates for the upcoming Discover University pack (I left custom content in); after taking them all out the game started like normal and I was able to get to my neighborhood and see all the families in there, however, as soon as I attempt to go into a household it puts me into an infinite loading screen. The loading screens are normal with the tooltips continuing to fade in and out with no stuttering or lag, but I haven't been able to get to the actual game. 

My game was working with no issues until I took out the mods. I have already attempted to repair the game but nothing has changed. I also restarted my computer but that didn't work either.

One thing that may have been a cause, the only one that I can think of, is that after I took them all out I deleted the localthumbcache.package folder since I know a lot of modders say to delete this when putting in new mods or making any changes; so I figured I would do the same when taking them out. I'm really not sure if that could actually cause this, but I could be wrong. 

Message 1 of 6 (525 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to load into househould in-game [Mod Issues?]

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PeskyBonBon 

First, please know that removing the localthumbnailcache.package file did not cause the issue, and it was the right thing to do. We suspect that the CC that is left in the game may be causing this issue currently. 

Please try closing the game and moving the entire Mods folder to your desktop and delete (again) the localthumbnailcache.package file, plus delete any other folder in the "'The Sims 4' folder with the word 'cache' in the title. 

Then re-start the game. When you restart the game will create a new, fresh Mods folder. See if the game will load properly (with no Mods or CC in it).

If this fixes the situation you can try re-adding your CC to the Mods folder  to see if the issue is still gone. 

Please let us know how it goes. If this doesn't address the issue we can troubleshoot further. Thanks!

SheriGR Coffee cup I don’t work for EA

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (496 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PeskyBonBon 

First, please know that removing the localthumbnailcache.package file did not cause the issue, and it was the right thing to do. We suspect that the CC that is left in the game may be causing this issue currently. 

Please try closing the game and moving the entire Mods folder to your desktop and delete (again) the localthumbnailcache.package file, plus delete any other folder in the "'The Sims 4' folder with the word 'cache' in the title. 

Then re-start the game. When you restart the game will create a new, fresh Mods folder. See if the game will load properly (with no Mods or CC in it).

If this fixes the situation you can try re-adding your CC to the Mods folder  to see if the issue is still gone. 

Please let us know how it goes. If this doesn't address the issue we can troubleshoot further. Thanks!

SheriGR Coffee cup I don’t work for EA

Message 2 of 6 (497 Views)

★★ Novice

I did everything and the game did work after taking the mod folder completely out, but it's back to not working after putting it back in.

I tried taking out the most recent CC that I added to see if that was the cause but there was no change. At one point when I was attempting to load into the game, my game took me out of the loading screen and back to the neighborhood view, this happened a couple of times. After restarting the game again, it was back to the infinite loading screen only.

Also, thank you for your help with this!

Message 3 of 6 (450 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PeskyBonBon  Well, at least that's good news, as you now know the cause of the issue. Standard smile

Please go ahead and repeat the process and leave out the CC and confirm that the new, freshly created Mod folder is working correctly again. Then troubleshoot by re-adding the CC one at a time then testing, or if you have a lot of CC use the 50/50 method.

Let us know how it goes. 

SheriGR Coffee cup I play on Mac, no Mods or CC, & backup daily. I don’t work for EA.
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button

XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

Message 4 of 6 (438 Views)

★★ Novice

Alright! I got my game working normally after taking out a batch of recently installed CC (and two script mods that weren't as recent); I'll be able to figure out what was causing it after some trial and error Standard smile 

Thank you for your help and for getting me on the right track! 

Message 5 of 6 (426 Views)

Champion

@PeskyBonBon Absolutely my pleasure! I'm thrilled to hear that it worked and that you're back in the game! 

SheriGR Coffee cup I play on Mac, no Mods or CC, & backup daily. I don’t work for EA.
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button

XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

Message 6 of 6 (424 Views)