Unable to launch the game

by BlaineSensei

Original Post

Unable to launch the game

★ Novice

Purchased the game on steam, but the game refuses to launch.

The game will open origin once but the game itself will never launch. If I had origin open before launching the game, it will go back to normal (The state where store is accessible) and if not origin will close automatically.

I managed to get the game to run once and was able to play for a decent amount of  time by manually reinstalling origin from their website but the issue came back and now persists after a restart.

I managed to get the game process to show up, by closing origin after pressing start on steam. However the game exited stating I need origin running to play the game.

Contacting support told me to try clearing origin cache and restart which didn't help either.

I had a similar experience with Mass Effect Andromeda, which I ended up refunding.

Message 1 of 8 (483 Views)

Re: Unable to launch the game

Hero
@BlaineSensei What security software are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (477 Views)

★ Novice

None. I only have windows defender set up and It didn't block anything.

Message 3 of 8 (462 Views)

Hero
@BlaineSensei Did you buy ME also on steam ?

Did you ever also have the game on Origin or just steam ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (455 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict I bought both MEA and Sims 4 on steam, I already had Sims 4 on origin.
Message 5 of 8 (442 Views)

Hero
@BlaineSensei If you uninstall the steam version for testing, does the Sims 4 Origin version start ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (437 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@crinrictI do not have the bandwidth to download the game again let alone from origin. But since Battlefield 1 runs just fine, a game I own on Origin. I would suppose it would work.

Message 7 of 8 (433 Views)

Hero
@BlaineSensei Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Maybe something in there can give an indication what's wrong

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (418 Views)