error-code-327683 Sims 4

by Craig_Lennon2012

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to install expansion packs

★★★★ Novice

Hi. I'm hoping someone can help me. My computer recently packed up and has consequently been sent in for repairs so I decided to download The Sims 4 onto my laptop.. but its an older model. I downloaded and installed the newest Origin but when k opened it I was met with a blank screen. O read another Answer forum that recommended downloading an older version of Origin. I did that and origin opened properly, other than taking hours to install and subsequently update. I downloaded the sims 4 game and started to download the expansion and game packs I bought but every one , once downloaded, brought up an Error: 327683:0 dialog screen... other than uninstalling everything and hoping origin works 6 hours later, is there anything else I can do ? It's taken me 24 hrs to try and get all this downloaded and it's not even working. Please help 

Message 1 of 6 (679 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to install expansion packs

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@DeejaDat

Judging by the error number Windows Defender is blocking it. Turn it off or add Sims as exception:
https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/03/windows-10-defender-controlled-folder-access.html

Running your game AND Origin as administrator also helps.

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (653 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@DeejaDat

Judging by the error number Windows Defender is blocking it. Turn it off or add Sims as exception:
https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/03/windows-10-defender-controlled-folder-access.html

Running your game AND Origin as administrator also helps.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 6 (654 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@kreatora Thank you. That worked. However, it was Origin that needed to be set as an exception. Again, thank you.
Message 3 of 6 (640 Views)

error-code-327683 Sims 4

★ Novice

I keep getting this error code when downloading DLC from Origin Client, 

I've followed the steps advising to uninstall the game and client and re-install the 'most up to date version' and it's still happening. 

The main game downloads fine but I get this error whenever a DLC pack is about to finish. 

Please help, I've seen no solid fix for this

Message 4 of 6 (550 Views)

Re: error-code-327683 Sims 4

★ Novice

I've also downloaded both the main game and the DLC with all firewall settings disabled. 

I don't know what else to try

Message 5 of 6 (549 Views)

Re: error-code-327683 Sims 4

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Craig_Lennon2012,

Just to be sure, are you getting the same error code when you are trying to download DLC as the one mentioned in the thread title? 

If so, I'd suggest you try the steps mentioned above by @kreatora. Maybe they will work for you as well - fingers crossed! Standard smile 

- Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 6 (485 Views)