Re: Unable to install The Sims 4

by TheMarshyBear

Original Post

Unable to install The Sims 4

★ Newbie

I preordered The Sims 4 on the 29th and preloaded it on the 30th . I was told it would be available to install and play on Semptember 1st 9:00 pm , however it is not working . I downloaded orgin (That's where I bought the game) and there's an option to install . I click "instal" and within one second it says on the bottom of the screen " 1 of 1 - Installation Complete  (The Sims™ 4 Limited Edition ) " but then the option to install is still there and The Sims 4 has most definentally not been installed . Please help.

Message 1 of 4 (1,131 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Moved to Sims 4 forums.
Message 2 of 4 (1,073 Views)

Hero

@toxiclovecandy Check if you have a folder _Installer or something along these lines in programs\Origin_games\thesims4 and if so, delete that and start over.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (1,069 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

This is a bizzare origin issue regarding Origin butchering (or failing to update) your registry.

Your game is perfectly installed, but Origin does not seem to recognize it as being installed

You need to manually update your registry with the following steps.

1. Open RegEdit

2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Maxia\The Sims 4

In it you should find a String Value : GDFBinary - REG_SZ - "Path to the game\GDFBinary_en_US.dll

3. Create a new String Value and name it Install Dir

4. Give the Data to the Path to the game removing the __Installer\GDFBinary_en_US.dll

It should now work.

If the game becomes for some reason greyed out, cut the data entry for Install Dir, boot up Origin, and paste it back without exiting Origin.

Also read it in detail here : http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/PLEASE-MODS-PIN-THIS-quot-Origin-does-not-recognize-downloaded/m-p/3...

Message 4 of 4 (1,024 Views)