Unable to go into family

by SimplyPsychoatic

Original Post

Unable to go into family

★★ Novice

Hello,

I’ve been having this problem for the last three days. When I go in and want to go into my family, I’ll hover the mouse over the family and the picture that’s supposed to be the family is this blue glitchy box. It also acts like there isn’t anyone in that family. I went into cas on my family and it was as if I had to remake a whole new family despite having sims already in that family. I’ve removed saves, mods, reset, repair twice, but still nothing. When I load an older save it works for when I’m in but once I exit and come back in, it’s the same problem again.

Message 1 of 4 (340 Views)

Re: Unable to go into family

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@SimplyPsychoatic

It looks as your save is corrupted.

You can try to delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.
Then go to Family Management Panel - on the right top on the city map.
Move this family in this panel to an empty lot. Check if you now can enter in this family. If yes, move them back to their home but by phone option.

If it will not help try doing a factory reset  as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (331 Views)

★★ Novice

@kreatora wrote:

@SimplyPsychoatic

It looks as your save is corrupted.

You can try to delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.
Then go to Family Management Panel - on the right top on the city map.
Move this family in this panel to an empty lot. Check if you now can enter in this family. If yes, move them back to their home but by phone option.

If it will not help try doing a factory reset  as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA

I did try deleting a corrupted save before but maybe I have another?? How do I figure out which one is corrupt? And I can’t move my family like you suggested because it’s saying that the household is empty.

Message 3 of 4 (321 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@SimplyPsychoatic

Did you try to do the factory reset of the game folder?
You will lose nothing doing it and if your game folder is damaged by mods it can help.
Change the name of game folder to The Sims4 old. Turn on the game and new game folder will be created.
First, paste in your new game folder only folders Tray - your Library- and TrayDeleteItems file, if you have this file in the old folder.
Start a new game with random sim and check if you still have this error in the newly created game folder.
If error disappeared delete new saves folder and paste the old one in its place. There is a chance that it will be work now. Not to big but still a chance.
If all will work properly delete the old game folder. Since this moment you will have only one, new game folder without errors.

Message 4 of 4 (310 Views)