Re: Unable to get Grim's Ghoulish Guitar

by charli_k63

Original Post

Unable to get Grim's Ghoulish Guitar

★★ Novice

Hi everyone! My name is Shawnee and I really like playing The Sims 4. But I have an issue with the Grim's Ghoulish Guitar. I signed up to receive emails from EA about all kinds of stuff and after I completed it, I received an email from EA saying it was confirmed. So I go on The Sims 4, but I didn't get the guitar. I tried it several times, but it never worked. I already contacted an advisor from EA but he was unable to help with this issue. Are there any of you who also have this problem, or who can help me? I would really appreciate that! 

Message 1 of 7 (7,439 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@shawneevdw did you check all the buy/build items. It just may pop up in the game.

ok do the sign up thing and then start your game - when the game gets to the start screen I got a flash that the guitar was added to the game.

I FOUND IT - build mode under activities and skills - 740 simolians

Message 2 of 7 (7,408 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I did that and it didn't come up

Message 3 of 7 (7,206 Views)

Hero

Hi @charli_k63

did you also get a confirmation email ? Afaik, it doesn't work if you have an underage (< 13) account.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (7,192 Views)

★ Novice
I did the same and had the issue for months. However after that final step where I signed up and still couldn't get the guitar I contacted ea help and requested a call instead of online chat I got Rommel which not only was he really nice but he was very helpful. I gave him screenshots of what I did and confirming it was all good and confirming I was over the age of 18 he escalated it up and talked with his supervisor and got me a code which finally activated the guitar in my game and now I am good my suggestion would be to contact ea help call center. they were very helpful to me. Good luck!
Message 5 of 7 (6,809 Views)

★ Novice

I will have to try this. The first chat agent made me reinstall the game after clearing my origin cache which took up my evening and didn't fix it but he was nice. Second was Ayushi who clearly wanted to do the absolute least and wanted to end the chat before finding out if their "fix" helped [surprise it didn't at all since it was just doing what I have already did] Then they told me to come here and complain to report it [which duh is why I'm on chat I'm reporting I have this bug and had searched it]. Wish me luck. 

Message 6 of 7 (6,690 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The funny thing for me is the game says that I do not have the guitar when in fact I do. It's in the build/buy mode for 740 simoleons, imagine that.

Message 7 of 7 (6,191 Views)