Unable to download the pre-load

by EliaForce95

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to download the pre-load

★★★ Novice

Hello, I pre-ordered The Sims 4 in August, it was supposed the pre-load to become available on 1st September at 19:00 PM where I live (Italy), although I still cannot download it now at this very moment (3rd September, 09:00 AM).

When I check my orders it says it is "Processing" and when I hover on the "?", it says "We've billed you for your order but some items may have not been delivered yet", as much as I understand English, that means that the payment went fine and they received the money, but the game isn't out yet, which is true.

But why can't I download the pre-load ? I see the game in my Origin client, but when I click/hover on it, I have no "Pre-Load" download button, they game will be out in approximately 14 hours, I know, but I'd like to download it so I can play it right away when it gets released tonight.

I have already contacted the Italian support center, I chatted with an operator and told me there were issues on server-side, but I can't believe they haven't solved yet.

Message 1 of 9 (458 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to download the pre-load

Community Manager (retired)
@EliaForce95 I see you've proceded to cancel/refund your pre-order.

Now that the game is released in all regions, there shouldn't be issues.

As to your comment, if you charge at the moment of the pre-order, it's effectively a pre-sale. Numerous other outlets do it that way, but we charge people the moment the game releases, not before. Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (376 Views)

All Replies

@EliaForce95 

There is a good chance that there has been an issue with your order.

Contact our customer service to find out what happened:

https://help.ea.com/contact-us

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
Message 2 of 9 (433 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just chatted with another game advisor, he said that I should wait these 9 hours and see if the game downloads correctly then.

Message 3 of 9 (424 Views)

Hero

Let us know if it works out

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (418 Views)

★★★ Novice

It just got released, but I still have no download button.

I do still have the game in my account though...

Message 5 of 9 (411 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah me to tConfusedmileymad:he same thing but i live in Florida and i pre-ordered it in may though and it's fustrating to have to wait

@EliaForce95 wrote:

Hello, I pre-ordered The Sims 4 in August, it was supposed the pre-load to become available on 1st September at 19:00 PM where I live (Italy), although I still cannot download it now at this very moment (3rd September, 09:00 AM).

When I check my orders it says it is "Processing" and when I hover on the "?", it says "We've billed you for your order but some items may have not been delivered yet", as much as I understand English, that means that the payment went fine and they received the money, but the game isn't out yet, which is true.

But why can't I download the pre-load ? I see the game in my Origin client, but when I click/hover on it, I have no "Pre-Load" download button, they game will be out in approximately 14 hours, I know, but I'd like to download it so I can play it right away when it gets released tonight.

I have already contacted the Italian support center, I chatted with an operator and told me there were issues on server-side, but I can't believe they haven't solved yet.

Message 6 of 9 (402 Views)

★★★ Novice

The thing that I don't understand is:

If the ordered presumably "failed", as any game advisor I talked to till now said, why do I still have the game in my account ? Why ? I just can't download it, but I do have it in my account, on the game details I still see "Unreleased", while it has been released 8 hours ago.

If EA would've charged at the pre-order moment, all of that would'nt have never happened, a tip to Electronic Arts for the future: change your pre-order management, charge at the pre-order, that'll avoid a lot of troubles.

Message 7 of 9 (393 Views)

@EliaForce95 I see you've proceded to cancel/refund your pre-order.

Now that the game is released in all regions, there shouldn't be issues.

As to your comment, if you charge at the moment of the pre-order, it's effectively a pre-sale. Numerous other outlets do it that way, but we charge people the moment the game releases, not before. Standard smile
Message 8 of 9 (377 Views)

★★ Novice

They advised you to wait 9 hours? That's a solution?

Message 9 of 9 (370 Views)