Re: Unable to delete mailbox

by Sashas0nic

Original Post

Unable to delete mailbox

★★★ Newbie

Mailbox was set as head and when I figured out how to get it off the sim was outside the lot. How do I delete this?

Message 1 of 10 (1,034 Views)

@soccergirl12345 moved your topic to the general forum. Did you try ctrl+left mouse button to see if you can click 'set as head' again?

Or can you try the cheat 'objects.remove_object_set_as_head'.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 10 (1,015 Views)

★★ Novice

I also want to know how to get rid of this

I have a second mailbox outside of my lot and I have tried everything to get rid of it.

Message 3 of 10 (945 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Twinkles1000, what are the things you've tried? If you've tried "everything", it's hard for us to give ideas without redoing all the work you've already done coming up with ideas :D

Did you try the "set as head"-trick? Standard smile

Message 4 of 10 (942 Views)

★★ Novice

I have tried testingcheats true then also objects.remove_object_set_as_head, but no option to delete in or out of build mode

I have tried the eyedropper to delete but nothing happens, was able to set as head again but not now but it is just not delete able, like it is there but not there

Message 5 of 10 (940 Views)

★★ Novice

Not sure how to get a screenshot for you.

Message 6 of 10 (939 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @soccergirl12345 @Twinkles1000

I had this exact problem a long while back and it's what led me to a mod that was 'fixed' by Weerbesu at ModTheSims originally by clown called [Script Mod] enable advanced debug/cheat interactions, so if you go to page 30 of the comments, you'll find Weerbesu's updated version of the mod.  (just do a search).

Once I had the mod I could 'shift click' and destroy the mailbox, mine was on the footpath out the front of the house. It has other handy options as well.

Hope this helps, 

Sasha

Message 7 of 10 (932 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks Sasha will have a look, thanks everyone xx

Message 8 of 10 (929 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry not familiar with the forum, how do I get to page 30?

Message 9 of 10 (928 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

enable debug cheats.JPG

@Twinkles1000 See the comments to the right of 'description' tab... (lol.. all because of 'no links' here...)

Then just click on that then page 30 and scroll down... 

Message 10 of 10 (923 Views)