Re: Unable to connect to play game packs

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Unable to connect to play game packs

★ Novice

So I just bought two game packs which is the realm of magic and strangerville and I have the sims 4 legacy edition but when i click on either of the packs it says I require to connect to the internet which my computer and origin already are but tells me it is unable to connect and I dont know what else to do and i would really like to play these two packs which are said to still be able to be played with using legacy edition. Thank you

Message 1 of 4 (418 Views)

@imanawesomeloser  Close the game, go into your Origin game library, click on the Sims 4 icon, select More > Game Packs, scroll down to Realm of Magic, and click Download.  Do the same for Strangerville.  If you don't see a Download button, clear Origin's cache, restart your computer, and look again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If the packs are listed as installed, maybe they already are.  New packs will sometimes install while the game is running, but they won't show up in-game until the next time you open it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (396 Views)

★ Novice

I had installed both after I bought them and when I open the game they show up but when I click them it says to connect but tells me it's unable to, thank you so much!

Message 3 of 4 (384 Views)

@imanawesomeloser  I think the issue is just that the Legacy Edition doesn't support even looking up pack info, because that's one of many online features the LE doesn't have.  But if your content works in-game, then it's all good.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (362 Views)