Unable to complete acting jobs. Necessary actions are missing from options.

by mlleiter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to complete acting jobs. Necessary actions are missing from options.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Outdoor retreat, Parenthood, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room stuff, Toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By attempting to complete an acting job.
What happens when the bug occurs? One of the actions you must do in order to complete an acting job is "Tell the director you're ready." You should find this action by clicking on the director. But when I click on the director, that action is never one of the choices. Without it, I can never complete an acting job. I've tried 4 different jobs and every time, the choice to "Tell the director you're ready" is never one of the options.
What do you expect to see? I expect to click on the director and see that "Tell the director you're ready" is one of the choices to pick from. I should be able to click on that and move on to completing the scene.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The actions I need are "Get notes from director" and "Tell director you are ready." In the pictures I've attached you can see the options that come up once I click on the director. None of the choices are the ones I need. Because of this, I've never been able to complete a job. I've tried 4 times and every time, the actions I need are never there.

Message 1 of 7 (13,351 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to complete acting jobs. Necessary actions are missing from options.

★★ Guide

sorry, just looked at the caps, seems there is no option to introduce yourself (because the director is famous?).

Have you tried any of the options that show up to get a little bit of relationship with the director and then look again if the options show up?

To me it seemed like there needs to be some green in the relationship bar before the options showed and I always got that through indroductions.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (13,296 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @mlleiter 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (13,315 Views)

★★ Guide

Did you introduce yourself to the director first?

I had this too, I had to introduce myself first and than the option to tell them you are ready showed up.

Message 3 of 7 (13,299 Views)

★★ Guide

sorry, just looked at the caps, seems there is no option to introduce yourself (because the director is famous?).

Have you tried any of the options that show up to get a little bit of relationship with the director and then look again if the options show up?

To me it seemed like there needs to be some green in the relationship bar before the options showed and I always got that through indroductions.

Message 4 of 7 (13,297 Views)

Hero

Hi @mlleiter 

are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (13,266 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you for your attention and help with this. It turns out that the only problem was that I didn't complete enough actions with the director. It took about a half dozen more interactions with the director before the option to "tell the director you're ready" came up. Once that came up, everything else went smoothly.

Thank you again!
Message 6 of 7 (13,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@ra7orrat wrote:

Yes, this is what the problem was. Simply introducing myself wasn't enough. I had to complete many more interactions before the option to "Tell the director you're ready" became available. I'm not sure exactly how many it took, I just kept clicking and clicking on interactions...the same 2 or 3 of them...over and over again until the option I wanted popped up!

Thank you so much for your help.

Message 7 of 7 (13,241 Views)