Re: Unable to comb beach in Island Living?

by Parsnoop79

Original Post

Unable to comb beach in Island Living?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion packs, All Game packs, no Stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I think it's pretty specific
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to complete aspiration
What do you expect to see? Cannot find option to comb beach and thus complete aspiration
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Hello! My sim is a mermaid with the beach life aspiration and all appears to be going well apart from one thing. When I click on a beach I can't see the option to comb it for seashells, trash, or treasure. I'm a little bit confused and annoyed because it means I'm unable to complete my aspiration...

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10 (3,089 Views)

Hero
@Parsnoop79 Did you test this without mods installed ? Do you have the option on non-mermaids ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (3,054 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello! I have checked both with and without mods, but I haven't checked on non-mermaid sims! About to have someone move in so I'll see if he can do it. 

Thank you for your response!

Message 3 of 10 (3,052 Views)

Hero
@Parsnoop79 Did you also delete the localthumbcache file ? If the human Sim can't beachcomb either, please try that as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (3,048 Views)

Hero
@Parsnoop79 Did you have any luck testing humans ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (3,000 Views)

Hero
@Parsnoop79 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (2,968 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Thank you! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, been working a lot and unable to check sims, but I tested it on humans and it also doesn't work. It seems some people have the problem of not seeing rubbish on the beach, but I see loads, and others are unable to comb. Weird!

Thank you for all your help,

Parsnoop

Message 7 of 10 (2,950 Views)

Hero
@Parsnoop79 If you get a chance, could you test if it's related to a certain Sim/Save or happens on all of them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (2,946 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm on PC and am also unable to comb for shells. I can select the option from the pie chart, but no shells are obtained. This didn't used to be an issue for me when the pack first came out, but now there are just no shells able to be collected. (I did have the overlapping shell issue in the past)

Message 9 of 10 (2,225 Views)

★ Apprentice

I can beachcomb for  shells, but not treasure.  I went into the buy mode with SHOW HIDDEN OBJECTS, show all, enabled and there are no shells and no Sulani treasures being shown.  This happened after I purchased Batuu.

Message 10 of 10 (1,361 Views)