by justme22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to build walls

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything but vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? When building a wall the game takes the money but the wall isn't there. I would say its invisible but that cant even be true since if you try to hang something, the thing your trying to hang doesn't snap to anything. I can see the outline of the wall as im using the tool but its just not there when ive built it.
What do you expect to see? walls
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch, as of my patch version 1.46.18.1020. This problem is happening since I updated to the latest patch

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? When building a wall the game takes the money but the wall isn't there. I would say its invisible but that cant even be true since if you try to hang something, the thing your trying to hang doesn't snap to anything. I can see the outline of the wall as im using the tool but its just not there when ive built it.
What do you expect to see? Walls
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch, as of my patch version 1.46.18.1020. This problem is happening since I updated to the latest patch

Message 1 of 16 (5,500 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to build walls

★★★★ Novice

Ok I have finally managed to fix this. 

At first even completely uninstalling and reinstalling didn't solve the problem so I uninstalled everything again, and then used ccleaner, made sure there was no lingering sims 4 folders in either my program files or documents, then used ccleaner again just for good measure, and restarted my pc. Then I reinstalled the game and all its expansions and packs and tested with a completely fresh game in windowed mode and my walls, pools, fountains and fences are back again. So glad I got it sorted and thank you for everyone who helped. Wanted to give steps incase anyone else finds they have this wretched problem. 

View in thread

Message 14 of 16 (6,464 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@suzycookindish please try the following: 1) remove mods/CC if any (I saw that you had removed them, so just double check that the folder is empty), 2) clear your cache, 3) repair the game via Origin, 4) start a new save, and 5) test the walls in the new save.  Please tag me (type @BryonyRae) if you continue to experience the problem afterward.

Message 2 of 16 (5,477 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@BryonyRae thank you. I've done all of that. I've repaired, I've removed mods and I've tried starting with a completely fresh game twice by removing my folder and letting the game generate a new one. I've updated my driver and I've even updated windows and restarted the pc, logging in and out of origin. I can't think what there would be left to try but whatever u can do to help me solve this would be so great. 

Message 3 of 16 (5,467 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
This might sound like a dumb question (and it probably is) but have you checked to make sure you're in Walls Up mode, not Walls Down?
Message 4 of 16 (5,439 Views)

★★★★ Novice

At this point nothing is dumb to ask, I am that desperate. But yes I have tried in up, down and cutaway. Even when the walls are down u can see it once uve built It, I'm seeing literally nothing. 

Message 5 of 16 (5,428 Views)

Hero
We had something similar here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Can-t-see-walls-in-build-mode-in-the-sims-4/td-p/4043717/page/... but that was related to an issue to a save game and should be solved.

Could you try creating a new Windows user and test there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (5,400 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrictive just tried that and its still not working. 

Message 7 of 16 (5,390 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I thought I would try and see what happens if I bulldoze 1 piece of the existing walls which I had already built before this problem started and im getting the message "error reading op data" Does anyone know what this is? Then it tells me "nothing to delete" Please help 

Message 8 of 16 (5,384 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I need to add something. Ive tested the fences, stairs, pools, all of those things, and this is a problem that seems to be only with the things I need to drag out to build, because im unable to also build pools, and fences, or the raised platforms. Foundations are not a problem, and neither are stairs or bannisters. Im looking for a way to contact EA because my game is unplayable and although im very grateful for the replies here, the gears of help are grinding ever so slowly. 

Message 9 of 16 (5,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @suzycookindish

reports in the bug forum are usually just that. Bugs and there's not much anyone can do. 

I've moved your post to tech for troubleshooting now. 

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

A video of what happens would also be helpful.

For EA Support: 

Game advisors can be found through live chat or call-back

Click on this this link for fast finding https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (5,351 Views)