Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to access Gallery since 13 November 2018 patch

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just try and access the Gallery in-game.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't view anything in the online Gallery. All the pictures feature big red crosses and when I try and download anything from the Gallery a dialogue box says "Unable to locate the item"
What do you expect to see? I expect to see other people's creations and be able to download them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The November 13, 2018 patch (pre Get Famous which I also now have installed).

I have removed all mods, carried out a game repair via the Origin screen and have also deleted my Origin cache. The problem still persists.

Message 1 of 10 (622 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to access Gallery since 13 November 2018 patch

Hero

Hi @silsetto007

moving to tech for troubleshooting

did you check if your antivirus/firewall is blocking the connection to the Gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (612 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @silsetto007

moving to tech for troubleshooting

did you check if your antivirus/firewall is blocking the connection to the Gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (613 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm using Panda Dome... it's not very user friendly but nothing seems to be blocking the Sims 4 that I can see!

Message 3 of 10 (597 Views)

Hero
Did you also delete your Sims Cache files: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (590 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Managed to solve the issue. It was indeed my antivirus / firewall blocking access. Once I added the ts4.exe file to the list to be excluded from the rules all worked fine and I had full access again. Thanks anyway!

Message 5 of 10 (571 Views)

Hero
Glad to hear you got it solved :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (565 Views)

★ Novice
Hi. I have this problem to. But what I can see so do panda already have outcoing access to ts4.x64.exe.
Can you help me and guide me through pandas program.
What should I do?
Message 7 of 10 (503 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

OK, I will try and keep it simple.

Open up your Panda Software.

Click on the antivirus icon (usually the second one).

Click the Setting button - the cog in the top right corner.

Scroll down to Exclusions (Files and Folders).

Click Add and navigate to the place where your Sims 4.exe file is located (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe - just tick the box next to it.

You can add the TS4_x64.exe file for good measure too - following the steps above.

Restart the Sims 4 and hopefully you will now have access to the Gallery.

Good luck!

Message 8 of 10 (490 Views)

★ Novice

Hi. Thanks for your reply. But when I tried to do this, there is no arrow next to the Origin Games folder.
So I can´t get the exe file.
Do you know any other way to make it work.
Sincerely, Malena

Message 9 of 10 (447 Views)

★ Novice

Hi again.
I reinstalled the game and then I manage to access the Origin Games folder and the exe fil, through the Panda virus program.

Thank you so much for all the help.

Message 10 of 10 (419 Views)