Unable to Use All Expansions at Once

by beccaj327

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to Use All Expansions at Once

★ Novice

Ever since Origin took over and you have to have Sims registered through Origin, my game crashes every time I try to play with all the expansions. I used to have 0 issues with this when I had to use the disks to play. Now, I can only play one or two expansions at a time, and even then, the game will crash randomly on me. It's been bothering me for a while, and I've tried to find a reason, but I can't seem to figure it out. Does no one else have this issue?

Message 1 of 6 (405 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to Use All Expansions at Once

Hero (Retired)

@beccaj327  Here is a link about increasing the page file - link - how to increase the page file size.  Most gamers have some advanced knowledge of the Windows operating system as updating drives and other maintenance is sometimes required. Knowing the importance of the page file is nice to know.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (386 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@beccaj327  If your computer is a pc please post your computer's dxdiag - link - how to post your computer's dxdiag  thank you

Message 2 of 6 (386 Views)

★ Novice

Like this?

Message 3 of 6 (382 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@beccaj327  When the game starts the program looks at your computer's hardware. The cpu is an I3 and the weakest of the I series. There is no turbo boost in that chip so the 2.5Ghz is all you get and that is close to minimum requirement. As a 32 bit application this game uses virtual memory and the page file seems to be small and may need to be made larger. Intel has is a newer video driver and the integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics chip is weak for 3D graphical games. As the video does not have any "real" dedicated memory (this is borrowed from main memory) is 32 mb and this is below the minimum of 128 mb required for this game. I don't know exactly what the game looks for but when the hardware is at certain levels packs are deactivated for smoother game play. Update the video drivers and maybe increase the page file. Not much you can do about the dedicated video memory as this is usually built into the motherboard. Some computer you where able to adjust this in the bios so it would be worth a look to see if the option is there.  hth

Message 4 of 6 (374 Views)

★ Novice

@roberta591 So much of what you said was way over my head. I'm not that tech savvy. How do I increase the page file? Thank you for your help. I greatly appreciate it.

Message 5 of 6 (359 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@beccaj327  Here is a link about increasing the page file - link - how to increase the page file size.  Most gamers have some advanced knowledge of the Windows operating system as updating drives and other maintenance is sometimes required. Knowing the importance of the page file is nice to know.

Message 6 of 6 (387 Views)