Re: Unable to Start [de4ee14f:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to Start [de4ee14f:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi!
My sims 4 game apparently is against me. When i tried to start it, the message underneath appeared; 

Unable to start: Cannot start because game data is missing or damaged. If you have Mods installed please remove them and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.

[de4ee14f:29f00e76:00000000:4b0d852b]

I've been browsing the different questions regarding the problem that i have, and i have absolutely tried everything. And i mean EVERYTHING and it will not work.

I have done following;

Is it a hint from the universe, that i should take a break from the sims? ;-;

These are my device specifications;

Processor Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.10 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.85 GB can be used)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2

Message 1 of 3 (3,364 Views)

Accepted Solution

@hudloes  When you say you tried to get Origin to repair the game, did the repair actually go through?  Even if you think it did, it's worth clearing Origin's cache, to refresh its data, and then repairing again.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help, please create a new admin Windows account on your computer and try playing in that.  Make it a local account, as in, don't sign into Microsoft, and don't sync with any other services you normally use.  You'll be able to sign into your existing Origin account and shouldn't need to redownload anything, but your saves and other content won't be available.

When you do this, please run Origin as an admin: right-click on the desktop icon or Origin.exe itself and select "Run as administrator."  Do the same with TS4_x64.exe once Origin is open.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (3,337 Views)

All Replies

@hudloes  When you say you tried to get Origin to repair the game, did the repair actually go through?  Even if you think it did, it's worth clearing Origin's cache, to refresh its data, and then repairing again.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help, please create a new admin Windows account on your computer and try playing in that.  Make it a local account, as in, don't sign into Microsoft, and don't sync with any other services you normally use.  You'll be able to sign into your existing Origin account and shouldn't need to redownload anything, but your saves and other content won't be available.

When you do this, please run Origin as an admin: right-click on the desktop icon or Origin.exe itself and select "Run as administrator."  Do the same with TS4_x64.exe once Origin is open.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (3,338 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, so when i press repair, it seems that it goes through. It verifies the gamefiles, and then in a short span of time it say 'preparing', where it almost instantly goes to end the "repair" and then switch to another expansion pack, to do exactly the same. I have now tried to clear the origin cache to do it again, but it still gives the same error message and code.

I have now created a new admin account, and it works. I cant describe how grateful for your help. Thank you so much. <3

Message 3 of 3 (3,295 Views)