Re: Unable to Start Error Message after purchasing kits.

by shayspicious

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to Start Error Message after purchasing kits.

★★★ Newbie

I have not played the Sims 4 since the most recent update. I bought all three kits today, installed them, and when I went to open the game received this error message: "Unable to start: Cannot start because game data is missing or damaged. If you have Mods installed please remove them and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via Origin. [de4ee14f:29f00e76:00000000:4b0d852b] ." 

I have tried clearing Origin cache. I have repaired the game files. Uninstalled the game. Reinstalled the game and repaired the game files again. I don't play with mods and I cannot for the life of me figure out what's wrong. Prior to this Sims 4 kept trying to download a resource.cfg from OneDrive. Now that message is not appearing. I appreciate any help as I am at a total loss and am incredibly frustrated since I spent $15 this morning on kits that I cannot even play. 

Message 1 of 2 (213 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie
@shayspicious A quick update- Live chat helped me fix this issue. My game files were corrupt. This can be marked solved. Thanks!

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (199 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
@shayspicious A quick update- Live chat helped me fix this issue. My game files were corrupt. This can be marked solved. Thanks!
Message 2 of 2 (200 Views)