Unable to Redownload Purchased Store Content

by kizzta

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to Redownload Purchased Store Content

★ Novice

I recently installed the Sims 3 to my new laptop. From my old laptop I had saved my Mods folder, Downloads folder and my saves. My saves seems to be working fine, but there was an issue with my downloads. I followed several troubleshooting guides here and now I have redownloaded everything, though it seems that not all of my store content, for some reason, made it through the transferal. So, I go to the Sims 3 Store and view my purchase history and I try to download my old stuff. But it won't let me download or install anything. It gives me the pop up to open in the Sims 3 Launcher and I allow it to do so and it does open in the Launcher. However, it then asks me to log in which I then do, but it dosen't seem to registre it? The log in tab just keeps popping up no matter how many times i try to say 'ok', even cancelling it makes it pop up again. Which is weird since I can login just fine if it is not done through the store website download. 

I have tried: changing the browser (i have done it with both Firefox and Chrome), running the Sims 3 as an administrator, logging in and checking 'keep me logged in' before trying to download from the Sims 3 store. 

No matter what I do it will not registre my log in when trying to download already purchased times from the store. 

Help would be greatly appreciated Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (440 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to Redownload Purchased Store Content

@kizzta  I've never needed to sign into the launcher to download content.  Do you have, or have you ever had, multiple EA/Origin accounts?  Have you tried downloading into a clean user data folder?  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to create a clean folder, and try downloading from the store site without signing into the launcher.

If that doesn't help, clear the cache for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

If that doesn't help either, change your password (using some other EA site) to something with only letters and numbers, no special characters.  Clear IE's cache again, and use another clean Sims 3 folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (420 Views)

All Replies

Re: Unable to Redownload Purchased Store Content

@kizzta  I've never needed to sign into the launcher to download content.  Do you have, or have you ever had, multiple EA/Origin accounts?  Have you tried downloading into a clean user data folder?  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to create a clean folder, and try downloading from the store site without signing into the launcher.

If that doesn't help, clear the cache for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

If that doesn't help either, change your password (using some other EA site) to something with only letters and numbers, no special characters.  Clear IE's cache again, and use another clean Sims 3 folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (421 Views)