Re: Unable to Publish Books

by sunwisecircles

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to Publish Books

★★ Novice

I am unable to publish any type of book. I have had my sim write 2 books so far, one non-fiction and one short stories. In past I have been able to publish with no problems. When trying to click the mailbox, its is not clickable and states that 'nothing has been delivered to your sim recently'. It does not have an option to either self publish or sell to publisher. I actually haven't received any mail since beginning this new game, not sure if its been long enough though as its been less than 1 week in game I believe. I tried selling the mailbox and putting in a new one and that changed nothing. I have not used any cheats yet on this new game but my sim is in a home downloaded from the gallery. I have used homes from the creator before and have had no issues before, so I don't think that's it. I also saved and closed the game and that did nothing. Not sure what's going on.......help please.

~Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (19,726 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I actually think I figured it out. I couldn't publish because I made a copy and you can't sell the copies, only the originals. I got those out of my book case and can now publish. Is the copy option something new? I don't recall seeing that before and I've had the sims 4 since it came out.......

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (20,588 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I actually think I figured it out. I couldn't publish because I made a copy and you can't sell the copies, only the originals. I got those out of my book case and can now publish. Is the copy option something new? I don't recall seeing that before and I've had the sims 4 since it came out.......

Message 2 of 6 (20,589 Views)

Hero

The copy option came with get to work

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (19,700 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me now. Haven't made a copy and unable to publish. \o/

Message 4 of 6 (17,384 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. Haven’t made a copy and unable to publish. Were you ever able to resolve the issue?

Message 5 of 6 (12,610 Views)

Message 6 of 6 (12,588 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help