Re: Unable to Pick up Dirty Dish Left on Sidewalk & Mail is Stuck in Invento

by anothersimnut

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to Pick up Dirty Dish Left on Sidewalk & Mail is Stuck in Inventory

★★★★ Apprentice

Hope someone can help or my Sims' world is going to become very smelly. One of my Sims dropped a dirty dish on the ground. It's on the sidewalk outside the lot. I cannot delete it or pick it up to drag it to the trash. Also when a Sim went to get the mail. They took everything that was in the mailbox including the bills. All I see is an envelope but there is no text telling me what it is. I am assuming it's a bill, and you know what happens when Sims don't pay their bills. It's stuck in their inventory and I have no idea how to get it out of their inventory. Besides the annoying dirty dish, stuck mail and bloating save files, the game is running extremely well. (Knock wood, hope it stays that way). Please let me know if there is a way to delete an object that has been dropped outside of a Sim's lot, and how to find out what that envelope is in a Sim's inventory. I can click on it 'til the cookie crumbles but to no avail. It's stuck in their inventory. Any help is most appreciated.

Message 1 of 8 (3,957 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

see the sims 4 bug  forums http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

try a search there as there was an issue with that for others i think that may have been fixed in a patch but tbh i don't know if it wa sor wasn't if after searching you can post there

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (4,180 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

To delete an object in the game, type in the cheat "testingcheatsenabled true," then, holding down the CTRL & shift keys, left click on the object. You will have the option to delete the item.

If a bill is "stuck" in a Sim's inventory, have you tried paying the bill at the mailbox???

Message 2 of 8 (3,945 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

You cannot use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat for the Sims 4. For the Sims 4, I typed testingcheats true, held down the Shift key and left clicked on the object. You do not get an option to do anything. The dish cannot be removed because it is outside the boundary of the lot. If a Sim drops an object on the sidewalk, there seems to be nothing you can do about it. Eventually I will have to just delete that entire lot if the dish does not disappear. Thank you for trying to help me. If anyone knows the solution to this Sims 4 problem, please let me know.

Message 3 of 8 (3,934 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I should have mentioned this happened in the Sims 4. Sorry. The envelope (assuming it's a bill) that is stuck in a Sim's inventory is stuck. There is no option to pay bills when I click on the mailbox. You cannot even click on the envelope that is in their inventory to see what it is. If anyone has come across this little glitch, please let me know if you know the solution. Thanks.

Message 4 of 8 (3,933 Views)

Hero (Retired)

see the sims 4 bug  forums http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

try a search there as there was an issue with that for others i think that may have been fixed in a patch but tbh i don't know if it wa sor wasn't if after searching you can post there

Message 5 of 8 (4,181 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried the cheat listed here in the answers and deleting the plates worked ,but I had to also use the cheat moveobjects on...also while the mail is in your inventory the mailbox still does not give an option to pay bills so it is just stuck and annoying.

Message 6 of 8 (3,921 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for directing me to the forum via the link you provided. Seems it's a bug but the game should clean it up. My Sim likes to take his food outside, so I moved the outdoors chair so it's not too close to the sidewalk. When he would see a neighbor, he would carry his food, then plop it on the ground to start up a conversation. This is without me even controlling him. Next time I see him get up to carry his food somewhere, I'm going to point to a chair to make him sit down. Whew! These smart Sims are a hand full. As for the mail stuck in a Sim's inventory, I'll just ignore it. Hope it's not a bill. Thank you again for your help.

Message 7 of 8 (3,908 Views)

Hero (Retired)

your very welcome Standard smile

sims can be a handfull at the best of times espically if you have a game like mine full house 8 sims  Confusedmileyvery-happy:

silly sim wait is there no table to put the plate down on not that wouldn't  make a difference though as even with tables plaenty of presses my sims still put plates in the oddest of places or wash dishes in the batroom while another sims is in the shower *hellooo sim...kitchen sink NO ONE is there use it *  pity about it being a bug  the game imo too should clean it up (like sims 3  there was a clean up at 3 am   wellll that worked most of the time )

i think if it was a bill then your household would be getting cut of with power etc  in one of my earlier TS4 games one of my sims had a stuck envelope  thankfully it wasn't a  bill same apperance as a bill but it seemed to be a return item of one of  a metal he found and sent it in to be turned into some sort of focus cube crystal (decor item) i know there is a thread on the envelope stuck in inventory issue over on the TS4 bug forum  and crin has a known bugs thread might be something there that can help

Message 8 of 8 (3,906 Views)