Unable to Find/Access The Gallery

by QuinnIsQueer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to Find/Access The Gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hi  Standard smile Recently on the Sims I've been unable to find the gallery- the icon that normally leads to it takes me to my library and I can't find any option to upload lots or sims I've made to the gallery. In the past this hasn't been an issue, and this only started some time within the last week or two- I've tried closing the sims, letting both the sims and origin update, deleting my CC and looking around online for solutions; the only thing I've been able to find similar to this is minors accounts being unable to view the gallery from a thread back in 2016, and while it could be my issue as as I'm 17, I feel it would be odd for this to have randomly started happening when I've been able to use the gallery without issue for years.

From what I can remember of the last time I accessed the gallery, I was able to look at my account from the gallery perspective and was clicking through some of my uploads, I then closed the gallery and continued playing and the next time i tried to open it I was taken directly to my library and unable to find a way to the gallery.

Does anyone know whats happening or have advice? Any help would be really appreciated thanks Standard smile

EDIT: I went into game options to activate CC/mods earlier tonight since I've just downloaded some CC and i found that online features access was unchecked,,, i turned it back on and i could access the gallery again so it seems that was my issue, whoops. If this goes to show anything its that I'm really not adept at using the sims? Oh well, hopefully if anyone makes the same mistake in the future they find this

Message 1 of 5 (508 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to Find/Access The Gallery

★★★★★ Newbie

Turns out the problem was Online Features Access being disabled, whoops

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (462 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (503 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thanks for the advice! Standard smile I deleted my cc earlier but I hadn't deleted localthumbcache.package, I've tried deleting it and reopening the game but unfortunately the problem still persists Frown
Message 3 of 5 (498 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Try doing a factory reset as described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (494 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Turns out the problem was Online Features Access being disabled, whoops

Message 5 of 5 (463 Views)