Re: Unable To Tan with Island Living Expansion

by kreatora

Original Post

Unable To Tan with Island Living Expansion

★★★ Novice

So, it's as if the tanning aspect just isn't in my game at all. When I attempt to tan with any of the options (the floatie, the beach towel, or the sun lounger), nothing happens. I don't get a moodlet at all. When I attempt to apply sunblock, however, it tells me I'm already burned. My appearance never changes at all either. I also don't even have any tanning options when I shift-click a sim with testingcheats on. This issue happens with every single new save i start. so far I have tried the following: removing all mods and CC, repairing the game via origin, and completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Nothing resolves my issue and not even EA help could help me. I'm at a total loss.

Message 1 of 5 (973 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bumping my own post. 

Message 2 of 5 (919 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@CorsetCorpse

This problem is caused by some skin you are using
So probably you have still something left in the mods folder.
Move mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and try once more get a tan.

I don't work for EA

Message 3 of 5 (908 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have already tried that and it did not work.

Message 4 of 5 (888 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@CorsetCorpse

You can do a factory reset of the game folder, but that's a bit of work. Nevertheless, this should fix this error for sure. You will lose nothing - no saves or library.
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with a random sim and play for 10 minutes - go with him to the beach and let him get a tan.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder. Now you will have only one game folder working properly.
Message 5 of 5 (879 Views)