URGENT

by SkySimmer101

Original Post

URGENT

★★ Novice
Okay so I have this family I’m obsessed with and I love them so much.Two girls Lindy and Nancy are now young adults and I’m sending them to university.They did their aptitude test and got 18+ credits for there degrees.So the van came and hey got their luggage and went off.So the loading screen came up as usual and when the university town came , my two sims weren’t in the bottom left hand corner as usual to move them in.It cane up”create a household , “choose a household” and move in household”. And I was panicking because this has never happened to me before.So I taught if I make a copy of the girls then move them in from my files.So I went back to my main menu and back into the old game (because I didn’t save my game when they went to university) so I made a copy and all that just in case and did the whole thing again by taking the aptitude test and they went off once again.And then the same thing happend!!! So when I selected them from the files there didn’t come up any option to move them in dorms or sorority’s only houses to rent and empty lots. So I went onto an empty lot and their family tree isn’t coming up at all.There degrees aren’t appearing in the job section. And they don’t know anybody on there friends list.Im really really upset and confused and I do use custom content and there is six sims in total from the previous household including the two girls. Please please please someone help me😭😭😭
Message 1 of 2 (221 Views)

Re: URGENT

@SkySimmer101  There are a few things to address here, but first and most importantly, the EA-made travel transition is a huge mess.  Problems like sims not showing up in the new world are common and should not be played through.  Other notes:

Whenever you exit a save, you need to quit all the way to desktop.  The reason is that when you straight back to the Main Menu, the game is still preserving some data from the save you were just playing.  So if you go back into that save, the game will be taking up more resources than if you'd quit entirely.  (If you were to exit one save and then load another through the Main Menu, you would transfer data, potentially including corruption, from the first save to the second.)

When you save sims to the bin, they lose their existing relationships with any sims who are not saved with them.  That's why your sims don't know anyone besides each other.  I'm not sure, but I think the save process can also delete items from their personal inventories.

You should consider everything that happened in this particular save corrupt from the time you first tried to transition into the university world.  So it would be best to revert to a previous version of the save and disregard any gameplay you did after that.

To proceed going forward, there are a few steps you should take.  First, when you load the save where you want the girls to go to university, let the game clock run for a few seconds (before you send them) and then "save as," picking a modified name for the save.  This way, you have a backup save file if things go wrong again.  It would be a good idea to use "save as" every time you save from now on, so that whenever something strange happens, you can revert to a point before the problem arose.

When you're about to go to university, quit to desktop and reload your game, and then turn your graphics all the way down.  The travel transition is delicate, and the goal is to lower the demands on the game while it's loading the new town.  You can turn the graphics back up when you're sure the sims have arrived safely.  It might also be a good idea to keep their personal inventories close to empty while they're traveling.  And turn off the interactive loading menus as well.  The same considerations should be applied when they return home after graduation.

If you still can't get the sims to university, you could try moving them out of their parents' house in their hometown first and then sending them from there.  Again, it would be best to quit to desktop and reload just before traveling.  The family members you left behind would lose their promised wishes and opportunities but would otherwise be intact, provided something else doesn't go wrong.

If this doesn't work either, it may be that this save is just too overloaded with data (and maybe corruption) to support a travel transition.  The last thing to do to try to preserve the family is to save it to the bin, save the house separately if you want to keep it, and then quit the game, reload to the Main Menu, and start a new save.  Then you could place your famiy in the new town.  The sims wouldn't know anyone—it would be like starting over—but the fresh town wouldn't have the same problems as the old one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (208 Views)