URGENT textFeild flashing build mode glitch

by Maximum0Dinosaur

Original Post

URGENT textFeild flashing build mode glitch

★★★ Novice

I need this problem solved ASAP because if I exit the game than I'll lose all of my progress that I've been working on for hours in cas and build mode.

I went into build mode to add something to my vet clinic but the whole bottom half of the build mode menus is gone and at the top in a red and blue flashing box it says, textFeild and when I click things nothing is working. I tried going back into live mode but it won't budge from where it is. None of the top buttons do anything when I click them and I can't open the main menu. I don't want to lose all of my progress so if you think you can help, please do so! Thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 8 (985 Views)

Re: URGENT textFeild flashing build mode glitch

★ Novice

My game won't let me buy anything from build and buy mode and the icons are glitching out. 

Message 2 of 8 (977 Views)

Champion

@Maximum0Dinosaur @samashmilligan94 Hello!  I'm not sure but it sounds like these issues are probably related to broken mods in your game.  Do either of you use mods?  With the latest updates, a number of mods broke.  Among them were build buy mods like BetterBuildBuy and TOOL.  If you have any mods, you should first check with the creators to make sure you have the most recent versions because many mods were updated to be compatible with the recent update.  You'll have to save your game and exit in order to replace old versions with new ones.  Hopefully you won't lose any progress but even if you do, you won't be able to progress further without making sure those mods are updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 8 (959 Views)

★ Novice
@JonaO703 I'll have to check. I've updated alot of them but may have missed one!
Message 4 of 8 (949 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks so much, but I have over 10 thousand peices of CC and I don't know where to start. I also forgot to mention I didn't have this problem with any other lot type other than the veterinary office, and I could edit the vet office before. I don't know where to start looking in my mods. I'm hoping it was a one time glitch. I went in again today and it let me edit the vet fine. Thanks for your time, I'll tell you if the problem appears again.

Message 5 of 8 (913 Views)

Champion

@Maximum0Dinosaur Whoa!  That's a lot of CC! Standard smile  I'm glad you were able to get back into your game and yes, hopefully it was just some random glitch.  For future reference, I don't think CC is going to cause the issue that you mentioned in your original post.  If it happens again and simply restarting the game doesn't work, I would start by testing your game without any mods or CC.  If the game works without them, then move to testing mods only.  You could create desktop folders, moving mods to one folder and CC to the other.  Then you could test your game with mods only and then test with CC only.  For both mods and CC, you can then test using the 50/50 method like so...

1. Divide your mods/CC in half (maybe make another folder on your desktop to hold the half you're taking out).

2. Before opening the game with the half you're testing, delete the localthumbcache.package file located in the Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder

3. If the game works with that half, test with the other half. (Again, delete that cache file before opening)

4. Once you know which half is causing the issue, divide those in half and test again (delete the cache file again).

5. Repeat the process until you find the culprit.

Again, I think BuildBuy issues are likely caused by mods, so start with those first.  If they're not the culprit, you may need to test the CC and with so many it might take quite a while.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 6 of 8 (908 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this issue but I don't use any mods please help nothing in my build mode works 

Message 7 of 8 (390 Views)

@Waterfall87 Do you also have no CC in your mods folder?

Sul sul from Luth!
No, I don't work for EA. Just here as a volunteer for non-DM support.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods and CC?
Message 8 of 8 (357 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help