Re: build mode walls are dark blue shows up with wallpapering not true colour

by LunaBluemoon878

Original Post

[UNCLEAR] walls are dark blue with wallpapering not true colour in build mode

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

build mode walls some are dark blue when you paint or wallpaper the blue comes through and not the colour of the paint

Message 1 of 8 (6,415 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@pamela071 we could really use more detail here, especially image(s) of what you're seeing.  It's natural for walls to be dark if they are in areas not exposed to lighting.  Your graphics settings and graphics card may also influence how well you see colors in the game... 

I'll first ask the disclaimer questions:  are you using any mods/CC?  If so, please temporarily remove them from your game.  Are you full up to date with patches for the game (via Origin)?  If not, please update the game to the latest version.  Once you've completed the above two steps, clear your cache and repair the game (repair option is in Origin).

Having gone through all that, the next question would be did you build the walls you're referencing via the room or custom room tool?  Or did you use the wall tool?  Do you have lighting near any of the walls?  Were you building above ground or in the basement?  And again, if you can upload some images of what you're seeing to an image hosting web site, it would be very helpful.

Message 2 of 8 (6,404 Views)

Hero

Tagging @pamela071 again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (6,370 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Moved to general forum due to lack of response. @pamela071 

Message 4 of 8 (6,347 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, the same thing is happening to me and there is no way to fix it. Whenever you place walls, instead of it being white, they are a dark blue. You might be thinking, oh well you can just paint it. Well, let's say I want it yellow. It would just turn into whatever blue and yellow would make, so like green.

Message 5 of 8 (5,276 Views)

@KaylaAlleruzzo please make a new report on this in the bug forum:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 8 (5,243 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's been a year now has this problem been solved yet? I recently bought sims 4 and I've been having this problem constantly

Message 7 of 8 (2,027 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Sims 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (2,003 Views)