Re: UI disappears when returning to Live mode

by Godhatescharli

Original Post

UI disappears when returning to Live mode

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living. Parenthood, Vampires. Laundry Day Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff. I also have the Holiday pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? open a vet clinic. try to go into buy mode while there are patients there. Return to live mode. Do this a couple times. Maybe open CAS either with a cheat or through the mirror. I'm not sure what triggered this glitch because it didn't happen the first two times I used build mode on that lot, but it happened 100% every time afterward.
What happens when the bug occurs? The UI disappears and you cannot interact with the game
What do you expect to see? normal live mode, the UI should be there, the game should be usable...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

returning to live mode from build mode. the UI disappears. Only the build/buy button on top R is visible, not the gallery or other buttons. The UI on the bottom of the screen disappears entirely. You can click on the screen and hear the interaction menu popping up but can't see it or select the options. Nothing happens on screen it is frozen. You can open the menu with ESC key, and select to leave to main menu.... if you do, it zooms to a weird level of the lot but does not go to the menu and you lose the remaining UI elements (you couldn't use them anyway). You can still exit the game via ESC -> exit game, but the menu that pops up is smaller than usual like the resolution has been changed.

This continued to happen after i left the vet clinic and returned to the home lot. The buildings are in the same area.

Message 1 of 7 (902 Views)

Hero

Does it go back to normal when you restart the game ? Sounds like a corruption of your save game.

Can you make it happen again reproducibly ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (892 Views)

Hero

Hi @chrissy_dee2 

are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (853 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (833 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, this is currently happening to my game. I cannot exit the game I can't even force close the game. I've restarted my game numerous times, restarted my computer numerous times. I even completely uninstalled the game and all of my packs. I feel empty without my game, please help. 

Message 5 of 7 (768 Views)

★★★ Novice

I know this topic is from 2019 but it's the only one that describes exactly what's going on with my game on 2022 after the neighborhood progression update, no mods and I've repaired my game and the glitch still continue. Don't know what to do 

Message 6 of 7 (649 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @maria_ana24 I'm going to lock this thread as it is quite old.

Please create a new thread with as much info as possible for the issue you are seeing.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (591 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help