UGC & The Sims

by Dimplicity

Original Post

Accepted Solution

UGC & The Sims

★★★ Novice

Hi. Can I be sued for uploading sims that I create with all the custom content used even if I give credit to the creators? I never claim anything. I don't try to sell anything. I seen a post from 2017 that stated that all UGC belongs to EA because they use the game and they don't approve of content locked behind paywalls. A lot of the content I use uses adfly. If I use the items, I reupload them with my sim with absolutely no adwalls or anything. FOR FREE. Like SimGuruDrake's post implied it is supposed to be. Can I be sued? Am I in violation of anything besides a creators do not reupload policy? However a help post here stated that you don't need a creator's permission to upload something. Hopefully someone can help me with this! 

Message 1 of 5 (1,016 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: UGC & The Sims

Hero (Retired)
@Dimplicity

This is a different story. This is a matter between you and the creator of these CC. In fact, the CC creator can't do anything to you because you both use EA objects, but it's a matter of ethics. It is not nice to use someone else's work. You can only ask the creators of these CC if they don't mind this if after publishing the sim you provide there links to their creations, .but of course, you can post a sim without asking and wait for complaints and insults.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (956 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@Dimplicity

You can upload to the Gallery any sim with CC used without fear. You must be aware of one thing - the Gallery does not save CC and the person who downloads your sim will not receive this CC.
In addition, because the sim was created using CC, this work will be marked with a blue key and will not be visible in the Gallery unless you enable the filter. So no one will download this sim.
But if you want to store your works outside the computer, the Gallery is useful.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 5 (989 Views)

★★★ Novice

I mean like on simfileshare.

Message 3 of 5 (983 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Dimplicity

This is a different story. This is a matter between you and the creator of these CC. In fact, the CC creator can't do anything to you because you both use EA objects, but it's a matter of ethics. It is not nice to use someone else's work. You can only ask the creators of these CC if they don't mind this if after publishing the sim you provide there links to their creations, .but of course, you can post a sim without asking and wait for complaints and insults.
Message 4 of 5 (957 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks love! That's all I needed to know. Happy simming!

Message 5 of 5 (943 Views)